Thread: How to submit crash dump files and logs in Dungeon Defenders?

How to submit crash dump files and logs in Dungeon Defenders?

While having a long chat with the support team of this game I was advised to send in the crash files and also the logs in that game, I don’t how to send it and where to send it. Also tell me which files should I be sending it and where will I get it? Do let me know about the same, I am waiting for the replies from you all, so do reply accordingly on the same.

Re: How to submit crash dump files and logs in Dungeon Defenders?

Quote Originally Posted by BALFOUR View Post
    While having a long chat with the support team of this game I was advised to send in the crash files and also the logs in that game, I don’t how to send it and where to send it. Also tell me which files should I be sending it and where will I get it? Do let me know about the same, I am waiting for the replies from you all, so do reply accordingly on the same.
    The dump files usually comes with the extensions .mdmp. So to get it you will have to go to the following locations Program Files(x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > Dungeon Defenders > Binaries > Win32 and then access the dump files from there.

As such I don’t have enough knowledge as if from where will you get the logs and to send the dump files and all you need to mail the developers directly and nothing else. So hope that was cleat for you that’s it from my side for you all.

To get to the logs you need to go to the following location i.e. Program Files(x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > Dungeon Defenders > UDKGame > Logs.

Now before doing that you will have to perform some steps and so what you have to do is at the launch of the Dungeon Defenders select the Configure option. Now go to the Command' dialogue box and then you have to write a small command over there and so what you have to type is
    ‘-dowritelog’.

So that’s what you should be typing I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you all.

Now what if I cannot find the .mdmp files in the folder since I have seen a lot of crashes in the last few attempts that I have played the game so I don’t know I am not sure whether it will be there genretaed in the logs or a .mdmp files will be generated? So it is very much difficult to say anything about the same. So what if I cannot find any .mdmp file is there any kind of other alternative that I can use here then do show it to me as soon as possible, that’s what I want to say here.

Sorry to say but there is nothing that can be done at that situation since you are left helpless of what to be done in that kind of state.

May be try ad check out for the logs and always try and keep a backup of it that would be worthy for sure, yes the game gets disconnected and restarts again, a lot number of times but still what I feel is that you should ensure your safety at the top level from the first only.

You will not believe guys I have submitted at most 6 crash files for the support team to inspect them and start addressing that issue. You know this is the first time when I have experienced such kinds of crashes in the game and that’s really absurd for me, so I would say that better don’t get into such kind of nuances at all, I went to this game thinking that previous versions of dungeons has done really well in the market and I was expecting that this would also be a good hit in the market but sadly it did not turn out to be that’s really sad for me and also for all the gamers who had purchased the game.