Thread: Is there a DVD version of Football Manager 2012?

Is there a DVD version of Football Manager 2012?

Guys just wanted to know if the dvd version of the game is out or not? Game has been just installed it works fine but I am thinking that it would have been much better if it has the exe file for the steam installation of the game as well i would install files locally on my MAC from the DVD. So is that possible to do or not? Give me an explanation about the same that will be much better for me that’s what I feel here.

So guys start replying on my thread, I am waiting for the necessary help.

Re: Is there a DVD version of Football Manager 2012?

No that files would only run if you have the steam installation I think so all the steam files that is necessary should be downloaded in to the local machine that’s what I feel here, so that’s what I want to say here.

I don’t think s you will find any kind of exe file in the DVD of the game and from there you will get the game not at all dude. Get the steam activation done first and then download it in your pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shae View Post
    No that files would only run if you have the steam installation I think so all the steam files that is necessary should be downloaded in to the local machine that’s what I feel here, so that’s what I want to say here.

I don’t think s you will find any kind of exe file in the DVD of the game and from there you will get the game not at all dude. Get the steam activation done first and then download it in your pc.
    Ok that was confusing to me but still I have a question on my mind and that is if I decide I want to install it from the DVD and then activate through steam, so is that possible? Or else will I have to download the 2GB of file directly from steam to my pc.

Actually I was thinking that had I got it installed from the DVD then it would have been much better for me that’s what I want to say here.

So what are your takes on this, do reply accordingly on the same. Waiting for the reply from you all.

It is possible to install it from DVD and then activate it through the steam, yes you can very well do that for sure. now you have to ensure that you allow the DVD to autorun if we are entering the activation code first in the steam then to DVD then it will take the source directly from the download and not the DVD. So ensure that you have ticked on the autorun function before making any present changes over here.

So I hope the process is very much clear for you at this moment of time that’s it from my side for you all.

I have a similar question in my mind about the same and hence I am ensuring that you all do give me an answer about the same.
    I have got this game in the DVD now will I be able to change the installation folder of the game? Whenever I am trying to install the game though that DVD it is not giving me any kind of options at all, don’t know what kind of problem is there with the game. it would be better if you can throw some light on that topic. It will be much better, that’s what I want to say here.

Yes it is very much important that you install whatever that is related with the steam in a different folder then only it will be worth, since it’s a part of steam app, everything that is related to it should get installed there only, that’s what I want to say here. so hope that was enough for you all, that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisaDsa View Post
    Yes it is very much important that you install whatever that is related with the steam in a different folder then only it will be worth, since it’s a part of steam app, everything that is related to it should get installed there only, that’s what I want to say here. so hope that was enough for you all, that’s it from my side for you.
    Ok sure thanks a lot for thinking about the same that’s worth appreciating, I will surely make a spate folder for the steam and accordingly get started with the installation accordingly that’s what I want to say here, I am hoping that no such changes takes place with the installation process and all. everything does gets sorted out quickly for me.

Well I followed the installation with the DVD and now what I am getting to see is the steam downloading and what I thought that it might be a some kind of update and all, the total time consumption that I am getting to see is 1hr 53 mins, I am quite sure that it is downloading the whole game again. I am failing to understand that a game that I ran from the DVD how come it is getting downloaded, I followed the same procedure that you all had suggested even clicked on the autorun for the DVD, so that’s the changes that I have made and still not working for me in anyways. So please do forward in your suggestions of what I should make of this, please tell me guys.