Thread: Combat system in Stronghold 3

Combat system in Stronghold 3

I will try to the best of my ability to try to allocate all the negative aspects of the systems in the past and how it looks to at a standstill be back, because the developers seem to think it was accurate 10 years ago that the changes are not SH2 did well. And the changes were not well for SH 3 as shown in the video. Economics aside, they were not at all somewhat I get excited. They can participate in the economy side of the one and I think will be pretty good for what you are trying to achieve. So I will try to ignore here, because I do not think there's any huge imbalance, and all that I would try to make it "a priori", but have no empirical results, because we have some empirical inputs to certain connections on how things work - we necessitate somewhat from our experience for a few things. So for now because of these objective factors, I will leave aside the economy.

Re: Combat system in Stronghold 3

The troops do not reside in space, this is one of the hugest failures in the Stronghold series - this permits the area of effect weapons - weapons that damage / hit over one unit at a time to be deeply subdued. SHC fire grenades. SH 2 was a tragedy in this way, because the region of effect weapons were stone throwers or crossbow on the ground or tower mounted one. No stuff how thin the wall of his era, a crossbow shot was capable of firing 50 + troops from the walls, mainly a crossbow slay them all if they fell into impassable terrain. Imagine that all the knights and what a crossbow bolt could cause. The area of effect, if the damage alone would not be as bad as throwing soldiers around was.

The crowds of the fall of the walls while the walls are spoiled (the thing was - cause damage to the wall "explosion" of 3 + sections of the wall and threw it out of people). SH2. Himself - fall into a wall, whether the party flew on the same wall, instakilled (why fly in the first place) I would say that the main cause of death of SH 2 was not FF. engine itself, which was that at first - that killed any fun combat, if it comes into close combat an army of catapults just left because he could not get through the wall falling rocks all over the place settings for all soldiers to fly.

Instead of having mastered archers and other units of distance to throw javelins or similar to be not so useless, that make instakills low level units, which could have made the system in two ways: a simpler system would be: how unfinished as they could get. I was thinking - SHC was pretty good in that sense, but SH2, a huge disappointment.

Always fixed the number of enemy attacks and if gaps in the walls, the defenders to stay and watch come in kills his master. Ranged units always on target when you get a range of 1.20 meters to ever hit the target (which may be lost if you change your address), then further away 20-30 would be able to lose for example 40%, with a loss radius or so of 1 meter. 30-40 would be 60% less, a radius of 3 meters to 50 meters of losing 90% of 5 meters, 60 + would be 0% chance to hit, and hit the area would be 7 feet. Something that is reminiscent of the system company of heroes, with the exception that there would be no guaranteed success.

The most complex (with a more natural feel for him) archery would not reduce the accuracy of the fixed distance but not accuracy worsen in steps, but it continues. Worsening of precision. If the goal is still in place, three shots in a row (as in the tanks XD in Men of War: Assault Squad) would get a much better accuracy, if the lens does not move to adjust too much fire.

Siege machines were beaten, shot very quickly, were too powerful, cost only gold to build from scratch in a siege camp, in its place of having to carry its base. Instabuilding were terrible and catapults, catapults, large shields. While you are so proud earlier FF of its products, and say the most horrible thing I did was his own engine, yes it was a quite terrible thing, but come and does the similar thing over and over again. People do not play in multiplayer mode and check your lumberjacks cut wood and say that part of the fun multiplayer, and they do. I want SH 3 to be immense, but except I and other people see that there were alters to the combat system for the best (most horrible were the changes in SH 1 and SH2).

I think many of you were disappointed with many bad things that were introduced in the SH 2. The engine was not the worst thing at all. The worst thing is to repeat the same mistakes and saying to oneself the problems were elsewhere. It's like when an alcoholic says (is) itself, will have to take something else so that you send your addiction. Instead of thinking at the root of problem drinking in general is far from the problems rather than solve them.

The troops do not occupy space: This is a problem in my opinion. It enables a person to the stack an infinite number of archers in one tower, thus removing any possible resistance and denial of half of the advantage of the large towers (more archers in the tower). In addition, you can only walk through if I units, which makes it very easy to get to the lords in site maps and ignore defensive measures to destroy key buildings, like the barn. However, I believe that the detection of collisions may limit the amount of units you can have on the battlefield. Hit detection is CPU power and is famed for huge SH epic battles. That would not shock me if they did the similar with legends (force them to spread out sooner than detecting the coup).

Demolition of the walls: I disagree with your assessment. The positioning is important in Fortaleza. Units must be removed from the walls, in my opinion. Punished for putting a lot of archers on the walls in one place. It also allows me to address the overcrowding goalkeeper reasonable strategy. However, I want to see them do not die instantly if the water is removed or walls. That is the basis luck, and luck is not good at strategy games, in my humble opinion.

There will be a small number of units, watch the Germany video. It is obvious that both the low number of units and still drives passing through each other is given even less "epic / dramatic / massive." Spreading was evident in the legends, but was again something that is trying to solve something (not just looks, the mechanic), but not the core of the problem. AI and the unit wrong. Also my first comment I meant about the problem of archers in the towers. Their defense was just a tower, he was about to complete (depending on what they describe as complete as it could never be literally so) that destroyed all means of getting inside her made some counter vs. excavators, trench etc, Me 150 agreement in a high tower archers were quite difficult cheap SH2. As for the towers, staircases I liked it, limiting the excessive use archers.

The fight scenes in Germany the last video scared me. I still saw a glob of units to contend with a dollop of units. It’s encouraged me a bit at the beginning of the video when they moved to the Lord and clicking on the ground makes a white square. I thought this could mean that the unit of space would be appreciated at this time. This was shattered by the scene later, however.