Thread: Getting critical error message while launching Football Manager 2011

Getting critical error message while launching Football Manager 2011

Well as the title of this particular thread is saying what issue I am facing while playing Football Manager 2011 on the computer of mine. Whenever I am trying to launch the game then I am getting an error message. I am not able to find out why the above mentioned issue is happening. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting critical error message while launching Football Manager 2011

Looking at the matter I wanted to ask following questions which you should answer so that I will be able to find out the exact root cause of the problem.

Which operating system do you have installed?
    What is the hardware configuration of the computer?
    Do you have installed any firewall any security software? Let me know the entire message and the log file of the error message which you are getting while playing this particular game.

I am suggesting following thing which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    You should go for the exe file of the game and right click on the same.
    From the right click context menu and you have to click on the Run as Administrator.
    Let me know whether the above mentioned thing is working or not.

After going through the problem of yours I am suggesting that you should verify the integrity of the game cache files.
    • You have to right click on the game and click on the Properties.
    • From the resulting window you have to click on the Local files of the tab.
    • Now you have to click on the verify integrity of game cache.

The process might be several minute longer so you need to wait till the entire process gets completed.

I am suspecting that there is an issue with the user profile which you are having on the computer. Well what I wanted to tell you that you should try to create a new user account in the game and try to play the game and see whether it is working or not.

Is there any Firewall or Security software installed on the computer? If it is then what I wanted to tell you is that you should simply disable the Firewall as well as security software for a while and see whether it is working or not. Let me know whether it is working or not. If it seems to working than I let you know that you should configure the firewall and the security software so that the thing is working or not. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here will be useful to you.

Well make sure that you have installed the latest version of the Video card drivers or you can say graphic card drivers on the computer. Also you have to take care of the thing that is you have installed the latest version of the DirectX. You can get the both the software from the official website. Make sure that you have restarted the computer of yours after installing the above mentioned software.

I think you need to reinstall Steam as well as Video game on the computer of yours.

We know that this particular game is released recently hence there is a chances of bug into the game. I recommend that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug a report to them. The developer of the game will figure out the bug from the code of the game and release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter.