Thread: Unable to run Football Manager 2012 on MacBook Pro with 1280x800 resolution

Unable to run Football Manager 2012 on MacBook Pro with 1280x800 resolution

I don’t know why I am not able to play Football Manager 2012 on the MacBook Pro of mine with the resolution of the 1280x800. Well I was able to play Football Manager 2011 on the MacBook Pro of mine by simply editing the info.plist file of the FM11.app using following piece of the code.
    Code:
    <key>LSUIPresentationMode</key>

<integer>4</integer>
    I have tried the above mentioned code on Football Manager 2012 but it did not seems to be working at all.
    Let me know why this particular thing is not working for me and any help to fix the issue of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to run Football Manager 2012 on MacBook Pro with 1280x800 resolution

Well after looking at the post of yours I wanted to tell you that you should go for the Preferences in the game and you have to set it to the Windowed mode and then simply reboot the game.

I am looking to use the solution which you have stated over here but I am not able to find out the info.list file on the system. Can you help me out? I am really frustrated due to this.

I don’t know why the above mentioned thing is not working for you however I wanted to tell you a unique solution which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to move to ‘Users/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common ‘ location and you have to right click on the fm file.
    • Now you have to click on the ‘Show Package Contents’ from the right click context menu. Here you will figure out the info.plist file. If you are on the Lion you have to simply enter the following command on the terminal.
    • chflags nohidden ~/Library/

So try the above mentioned solution and tell me whether it is working or not.

Hey buddy thanx a lot for the prompt reply. I have tried the solution which you have stated over here and I wanted to tell you that the above mentioned solution is not working for me. Let me know if you are aware of any other solution.

Ok… if you are not getting any output on the terminal than I am doubting that you have unhidden the folder where you have stored the steam data.
    Now what to do???? Its really simple to make the entire thing working.
    You have to go for Macintosh HD and click on the Users and then you have to go for the Account and after that go for the Library folder.

Now you have to click on the Application Support and then click on the Steam and you have to click on the SteamApps. After that you have to click on the Common now you will be able to get the file into fm file.
    Still you are having any issue then feel free to ask about the same.

If you have not managed to fix the issue then I wanted to tell you that you should contact the technical support team of Apple to get further help on this particular matter. If the issue is fixed than post your experience over here so that all the users who are having the same issue will be able to get the light shed.