Thread: DLC costumes confirmed for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

DLC costumes confirmed for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Just like in DR2, there'll be special costumes you can download that have special abilities connected to them. Cyborg Frank can discharge electricity, which can stun nearby zombies, plus adds electrical damage to hand attacks or using electrical appliances. Firefighter Frank makes it so survivors run faster when they're following you, plus you can kick doors and blast zombies with a blast of water when using water guns. BBQ Chef Frank makes it so ketchup & mustard are useful weapons now! You also get a bonus for using explosives & a chef's knife.

Re: DLC costumes confirmed for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

It's unfortunate that the dlc costumes from DR2 can't work in Off the Record, but I really like the look of Cyborg Frank. I hope, as well, that I have less difficulty playing in co-op with dlc costumes than I did in DR2. With some free versions and some dlc I could only connect to those friends that had the exact same dlcs that I did, so my friends and I ended up purchasing all eventually so that we could play together.

Fireman Frank is a must-have, if only for that Tom Selleck mustache. And yeah, I'd love to see OTR have unlockable costumes like the original DR did. Honestly, DR2's unlockable costumes were kind of lackluster, aside from the Shaun of The Dead reference; I was pretty "meh" about all of them that weren't Skills Packs.

He did have the greatest mustache ever. It's unfortunate that future generations will never have truly known the Magnum P.I. mustache. Capcom no longer does fan service; you will be paying either $2 or $3 for each costume. Like what they did in DR2 and just now with 3rd Strike, you have to pay for alternate color palates for your character. It's a shame what Capcom is doing, hence the reason why I'm no longer buying games from them day one at full price.

The DR2 dlc costumes were awesome, though, and I don't regret any of those purchases. If I was paying $2+ for a "bonus color", I'd be pretty mad, but all of the Skills Pack costumes had some really cool benefits for using them. Couple that with the fact those benefits stacked on top of each other if you were wearing different pieces of different outfits. They made some achievement hunting so much easier, since you could run faster, hit harder, shoot more, make a crapload of money off gambling, etc. I have a blog on my profile outlining the plan-of-attack for Zombie Genocide Master using "stacked" DLC outfits. For the most part it's worked like a charm in terms of "prep-work" but I haven't had an entire afternoon to spare grinding 72,000 kills yet. That said, I'll gladly pay a couple of bucks for something that actually does something useful in-game on top of looking cool. But shelling out for a new color-scheme is kind of dumb.

I just had a thought: You guys think that overlapping the costumes will allow you to stack abilities like DR2? Like: Fireman Body + Frankinator Boots + Cosplay Face+ BBQ Chef Hat = Kicking' down doors, electro-fists, devastating ketchup/mustard attacks, and bonus PP. Mainly, I just want to wear that Tom Selleck mustache with every outfit and keep all the fireman abilities, but wear whatever I want. Just so I can have Frank looking like a burly, zombie-killing math teacher. Also, TC, any word if that badass wrestling outfit from the trailer is going to be unlockable?

I can't agree. As a thank you for supporting DR1, Capcom released free DLC costumes for Frank in the safe room. There's really no reason not to do it again considering many people would be buying DR2 again just because Frank is in it now. As for the added bonus the DLC gives you, I just don't find it worth the extra cash. Maybe I'm real old school about things but that stuff should be unlockables for completing the game and not have a price tag. Sorry Cashcom but no money for DLC from me! It's a shame that people have to wait a year or less after initial release to get the full game and not the beta. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, Super SF Arcade Edition, DR2, Resident Evil 5.