Thread: Not able to launch company of heroes

Not able to launch company of heroes

I have been using the windows xp and I was very well able to launch all the other games by now but I am trying to launch the game called “company of heroes” then it shows the "green circle" of the Metaboli Player” but it just keeps going on and nothing happens further .I have also tried to install it using the administrator account but even it did not help. I really don’t have any idea about what to do .Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has come up with a solution to solve it out. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to launch company of heroes

If you are getting the green circle but the game is not launching then I will fist suggest you to check the system requirement of this game just to check if that’s not the problem but if that’s not the problem and you are having proper system requirement then you might need to download the .NET Framework 4.0 and then install it and then try to launch the game again and check if it helps you or not. Just try these basic steps first and let me know what you are getting so if there is any further problem then I can try to help you out. Hope that was helpful.

If you are not able to launch the game by following the above solutions then what you can do is just restart your machine and then without opening Metaboli game just open the Windows Explorer and then just enter the location of the game you have chosen during the installation for e.g. C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Local\Yummy resp and when you find the folder there will be a file named YPlayer4.ygsq.If you are not getting it then just check if you have hidden the folder by changing the folder option setting and then when you get the folder than just delete YPlayer4.ygsq file and then do a reboot. After reboot when you will try to run the metaboli and then you will find an empty games list so download the page for the game and then click the download button and then after adding it should work fine. Best of luck.

I have found that this problem sometimes appear because of the launcher window which precedes certain games and even provide certain options like editor, an options menu as well and this problem has been found very common with the games like Call of Duty 2, Silent Hunter 4 and the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4.You can solve it by changing the executable in the Windows Registry to the game start executable from the launcher executable. Make sure that you don’t do any fault operation with the registry as it is very sensitive and any fault operation can result in system crash, data loss as well. The file that is to be changed is different for all the games and for the company of heroes it is DOH TOV.exe. Just try it out and see if it works.

Just to help you in detail: Type regedit in the search window and then open the registry and then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yummy Interactive, Inc.\Player\Applications\ and then open the folder of the game and then search for .exe file and then right click on it and choose the change option and then change the last part of the path which will be something.exe to DOH TOV.exe and after you do this just close the registry and then reboot the system and then try to launch the game and I think it will work fine now without any problem. Just try it out and let me know if it works or not.

Below is my system information:
    • windows 7 professional 64bit
    • core i7 MBP
    • NVidia 330M with
    • 512Mb
    • VRAM running.

The problem I am facing with this game is whenever I am trying to install this game then I am getting a message which says “You have a supported hardware rendering device installed”. I have previously played this game on older version as compared to my system and it use to work with it as well but I don’t know why it is not working with this configuration. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Yes this game has also been reported to have problem by launching it in many forum and what I have found is that there are many people who have solved their problem just by reinstalling the game. The problem sometime here is that the game is not properly downloaded I mean it misses some of the file that are actually required to launch the game and that why there is always some kind of problem in launching the game but a simple solution to it is reinstalling the game. If reinstalling the game does not work then you can try to go with the regedit method. Just check it out and see if it helps to solve your problem as well.

Yes reinstalling the game really works.Even I was facing the same problem with this game and I was trying to solve it out by different solution .I was very well aware of the regedit method as well but I have heard that it is quite a risky solution because of which I did not tried it out as I was not having much knowledge about it so I went for downloading the game again and after downloading it successfully I tied to install it and it started working without any problem.So I will suggest you to try this simple method out and see if it helps to you as well.