Thread: Your thoughts about Hybrid RTS and Third person in Orcs Must Die

Your thoughts about Hybrid RTS and Third person in Orcs Must Die

Since there is little information on the basis of this game. What do you think of a hybrid real time strategy and third person? Rise & Fall Civilizations at War tested this idea out, and essentially, who fought with the army in the third person. It was a too much fun, but it works well.

Re: Your thoughts about Hybrid RTS and Third person in Orcs Must Die

I do not think that's a good idea, as each unit would be relatively too weak to enjoy playing, and probably will not survive for long anyway. Not to mention the fact that once it has expanded its 3rd person perspective, it is impossible to give orders and micro dynamic.

There is a future space warfare game called End of Nations or somewhat is a MMORTS with FPS Feature you to play.

Waiting makes you sound like the 3rd person is from the perspective of a single unit or person. That is first hand. 3rd person is an observer's perspective. Who is watching everything from their own eyes. You see it all and not limited to the perspective of a person. There are many games in the third person.

I thought it was a 3rd person perspective on the shoulder. Like Gears of War, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, which appears to refer to a much more zoom into view. That's not the first person and 3rd person average. First Person Shooters like Halo, where you only see what your character sees. 3rd person is like Metal Gear Solid, you get to see the whole man. Be the first and 3rd person is. I wanted a prime example of what you (or was the other) related to the screenshot in the game of that particular game. But my actual point is that a 3rd person view does not permit the similar tactical control of their units. You're too close to see the whole thing and control the whole thing.

I don't think you obtain to control your army in 3rd person mode; you merely fight with the crowds as one of them.

There are a couple of guys in the third person. When most people say in the third person when it comes to games, it is to see their hero in the third person as a Gears of War. But the games real time strategy is in fact in the third person, too more just, as in the third person omniscient, but not fairly. You are not anyone's head, that is external to any individual being, but instead of only the control of a type, you have a view of the entire field. Just knowing that I hesitate because that implies that you know all that implies, usually, often do not. I'm sure there's a term for what I'm trying to say somewhere

Not accurate in that game. You could problem quite a lot of commands. You could as well have up to 5,000 units fighting with you. You could classify attacks on precise target, retreats with precise units, and dissimilar tactics. I don't think you could do structure, but it was a tap of the key to switch back and onwards.

You bring a good point, though. Despite being the third person, is more of a third person shooter view above. I do not know, I like the idea of fighting with the army. I always liked the 1700 war, the fight with his own soldiers. I played up and down, it was a bit of fun in single player to do that, but it seems very impractical for online games. Why SC is so successful is because it puts the game, then add cool extras on top. If you start with all the bells and whistles of luxury, and then try to build a party around that just will not be balanced and competitive

A Hybrid 3PS-RTS would be below two genres into one, and closer to an RTS that permits you to go to third person mode. The units would have to be so weak as in the traditional strategy games in real time, if there were powerful units (like you get in games 3PS) or would soon be won or drawn at a standstill - Never mind the fact that the person best 3PS skills always have the advantage in combat.

Tom Clancy End War, more or less made the strategy game in the third person view. He was surly and a lot of different people every RTS incist be similar to the AOE / WC / SC did not like, but I thought it was efficient and it was a too good way of dealing with the "fog of war" effect. It distorted the way he played the game for certain. What he did, but not too huge in the scheme of all types of voice control. It worked pretty well, but hey, I prefer to just point and click. No need to give my vocal chords a workout.

It seems difficult to control other units, while in (almost) 3 rd person, because you probably have one hand on the mouse to AIM / direction and another in WASD for association so except you ensue to have a third arm someplace will have to switch back and forth between the two, which sounds like a ache.