Thread: Medkits in Rage

Medkits in Rage

What you guys thoughts about this? The developers show guns, the area, but I wonder how it will be with Medkits? I hope there will not be autoheal that will kill the game instantly. So my question is clear, Medkits - yes or no? What’s your opinion on this?

Re: Medkits in Rage

No medical kits. It is a situation of self heal, stay out of the firing line for a few seconds and your character will auto heal. I personally prefer med kits. But try to make the game feel real and put their autoheal, the real fact autoheal kills games, easily the hardest difficulty, 5 years old kid can do it with your finger in the nose, I like autoheal and consoles.

It regenerates Health, but realism is kind of slowing so medical kits are automatically recovers a bit and these Medkits can be made at any time if you have the materials. I'm not the biggest fan of self-healing, but I do not care one single player in multiplayer I cannot stand though. I think the reason I could have gone this route, however, is that Rage is an open game and could be difficult for the player to find health in the desert or it might be easy for the player who has used more or all of the health teams in the area where the player.

I enjoy games with both healing systems: regeneration and med kits. I don't think ID would use a regeneration healing system and be reckless about game difficulty. I trust them to use whatever healing system they decide to use, I am quite certain it will work fine.

There is ways to heal yourself. And you can turn OFF auto healing. From a website that had one of the members play the 3 hour demo of Rage. They say that you have can mix rags that you find with anti septic fluid and you can make bandages so there probably will be other ways to heal yourself. As well they said that auto heal can take a while to heal you, if you constantly are taking damage. And when you die you can revive yourself. How much health you get back depends on how well you revive yourself.

Neither regenerating health nor magical Medkits are realistic, a combo system seems like a pretty good idea as a slow regenerating health means you don't get stuck in impossible situations while having little effect on combat unless you run a hide for a few minutes while using Medkits and such during fights, that or limiting the health regenerated to a small percentage so you'd be able to still make it out of a situation but it wouldn't be easy. I have no problem regenerating health as long as it doesn't end up like a cover based shooter where you just end up hiding 90% of the time healing.