Thread: Any idea regarding the field of view (FOV) in RAGE

Any idea regarding the field of view (FOV) in RAGE

As far as I heard about this game it Is one of the awesome game ever made I am actually looking forward to play this game but the main question I have here today is does anyone got any thought if he field of view will be modifiable and not console-like . What I feel is Even Dead Island's FOV is modifiable if you know how so I'm certain there isn't something to be concerned

Re: Any idea regarding the field of view (FOV) in RAGE

Wondered the same thing, this is more or less what we always look for PC games, if the field of view is adjustable, hopefully it is, as it is being developed by ID like Jimp2point0 As said, most games now support the solution, I hope the character is completely modeled. Does anyone knows

I have seen the s gameplay videos of this game so I was thinking it is almost certainly in the 65-75 range, if it was 85-90 you would most likely start seeing that tunnel visualization effect going on although I don't believe we can know 100% until the game is released. 75 is always the best.

A 75 range figure is not sufficient. FOV can be stand for in a number of diverse ways. Traditionally, the number stand for how a lot of flat degrees can be seen in 4:3. Widescreen modes usually add additional degrees to the vision, even though the same stay the same. Being able to observe 90 vertical degrees is in fact unwanted, if not a bent monitor is being make use of.

That makes me feel as if look through a toilet paper tube. 85 is usually my minimum, and I favor more than 110 if you can get back with no also much fisheye.

There was a film with one of the developers believe. He said that the PC edition had a turn down in game console. If that is in the last edition of the visual field may be modifiable through it.

It is a survival from when I used usual LAN - it is better to see more to the side and the global battlefield to be able to say what color eyes the man in front of you .. at least in games like Quake 3. Most games are not compatible with 110 and everything, so I am usually between 85-95 if the game is going to do without distorting the point of view too. Below that and usually feel like I'm blinders.

"I've added support for widescreen HDTV displays QuakeArena style, so24 "and 28" monitors can now cover the entire screen with game graphics.
    In a normal 4:3 screen aspect ratio, field of view 90 degrees horizontal offers a field of 75 degrees vertical viewing. If you keep the vertical FOV
    constant and runs on a wide screen gives a 106-degree horizontal field of view. Because the specified field of view with the horizontal measurement, it is necessary to change FOV when entering or leaving a wide-screen mode. I'm thinking of changing Vertical FOV that far, but is likely to cause a lot of confusion if "fov 90" becomes a big fish eye.Many drivers video card settings are supporting ultra high resolution as 1920 * 1080, but hopefully that will also include support for childrenvalues that can be good for games, like 856 * 480. Apple spent a day last week going over technical issues.I feel much better about MacOS X. Almost everything I like Rhapsody will be there, plus some solid additions. OpenGL presented the case directly to Steve Jobs, as hard as possible.If Apple includes OpenGL, I'll be far behind them. I like OpenGL

I do not like MacOS.

I doubt if Rage will have a vertical field of view setting...