Thread: Downloading Rage from D2D

Downloading Rage from D2D

Rage is one terrific game but when I was trying to download RAGE from Steam is, at present, a total gag. I buy the game all the way through D2D and am at present downloading it from here. D2D is saving the files to someplace in my documents. Once it's over, what am I going to require to shift the data over so Steam will make out it?

I'm certain somebody has experience or heard of a little like this before. I suggest, is it as easy as create a Rage folder in Steamapps/Common, copying the files above and perhaps verifying the file reliability? Does that sound too unbelievable?

Re: Downloading Rage from D2D

I'm just presuming at this time, it's be a long time while I purchase something on D2D. However RAGE has Steamworks incorporated into right? Doesn't that signify that once you install it, it will be further included to your Steam library

In any case, I am uncertainty if there's something you can do at the present, particularly with the files encrypted.

I downloaded it trough D2D as well, it was as a ZIP file. So you'll most likely have to place where the file is and unzip it initially and then run the installer, which is what I attempt.

Hey guys I would like to know whether any one her can tell me is it possible to paused and resume any download from D2D . I really wanna know about this I would be glad if anyone here can tell anything about this

Quote Originally Posted by Julien View Post
    Hey guys I would like to know whether any one her can tell me is it possible to paused and resume any download from D2D . I really wanna know about this I would be glad if anyone here can tell anything about this

Yes it can be just install the 2nd link download manager and login to your d2d account start download rage but I would strongly recommend you should not pause it and resume as it will put you on queue

And

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    I downloaded it trough D2D as well, it was as a ZIP file. So you'll most likely have to place where the file is and unzip it initially and then run the installer, which is what I attempt.
    How did you get the option for zip file downloading Where's this option is It's always forced me to use their dreadful Gamespy Comrade client.

I get this opting when I just did a usual http download through Firefox, but I believe their http servers offer resumable downloading too. I'm doing this with Firefox. D2D's download manager couldn't be automatically installed, so D2D give me a direct link to a ZIP file. subsequent to I downloaded it, I unzipped it to a temp folder and ran Setup. You can get a hold to the extent of entering the registration key to register it through Steam, but the installer stop the progress of since the game hasn't been officially released up till now.

Hey guys anyone here , who finished their download all the way through Steam, give a screen shot of the files or folders in their Steamapps/Common Rage folder it would helps a lot I would be really appreciating that thanks

I am from Munich Germany and the preload works for me with no issue I didn't verify the cache, since the game doesn't contain any properties over the Steam library plus I don't know any additional way to do it

Latest updated The D2D download done downloading about 10 a.m. Central It's 17 gigabyte . Through Comrade and when I clicked open. Nice little installs windows with explosion Special effect. Click installs RAGE and it just bring up a Steam box that state the game has not been out. Yet cannot pre-load via Steam itself. It doesn't even appear like it's actually trying to join to the server, just an instant , you can't get this game".