Thread: Is semi-decent network makes loud noise normally?

Is semi-decent network makes loud noise normally?

I have just bought the 24-port gigabit switch that is to replace my cluster of SOHO 5 port gigabit/100M switches. I ‘found that this is having screamer of a fan within it. This switch was very chip but it makes very loud noise which is unbearable. I managed to silence that for some extend by doing some modification to the fan circuit as I splice the 0 Ohm resistor with the fan power supply. I want to ask that if this is normal will all the other units of it or it is just me who is facing this issue.

Re: Is semi-decent network makes loud noise normally?

Normally, I can say that it is same for this. I would like to tell you that the commercial switches are normally in the data center, server room, otherwise closet and the high-throughput fan is the section of the operation which assist to build it more reliable.

They create fanless 24 port gigabit switches other than the common one which are designed by means of as a minimum one fan and if they are rack mountable then many of them are extremely loud as how loud it is doesn't matter within a data center that is where the majority of switches of that kind were made to go. I encompass a dell powerconnect 2724 w/ 1 fan and it's not that noisy.

The size of the fan utilized within that switch is directed be loud. No way to build a fan by means of well-brought-up volume of air quiet at that size. What you can carry out though is build it a inactive design through replacing the heat sinks by larger ones. I had a blurry player by noisy fan. I changed the interior heat sink through one of those minute heat sink/fan combinations which were used on previous video cards. This is completely silent now.

This is same for me as well and so I have accepted the fact that it is made in the same way to make noise. This is very frustrating and it must be resolved as soon as possible.

You ought to be suspicious regarding changing the gear. I am saying this because there are a lot of people who often swap out for "quite" fans except the fact that the fan is loud might be since it is designed to create elevated static loads to frustrate the pressure of pushing air in an extremely tight box. Going passive otherwise using a dissimilar fan might well boost the heat.