Thread: Bodies Disappearing in RAGE

Bodies Disappearing in RAGE

I just see one video of Rage and what can I see is: Bodies Disappearing and immediately vanish into thin air. Please tell me that something went horribly wrong with that game version and that the actual game won't be that horribly primitive and immersion breaking?

Re: Bodies Disappearing in RAGE

You know its co-op video. You would want more enemies to kill than fewer enemies with longer dead bodies stay. In single player, dead bodies will stay a couple of minutes if you don't loot it.

It's called memory restrictions on the consoles. PC might get a small command variable that will disable bodies from disappearing. This game runs on 60 FPS on consoles with graphics that are on par with their 30 FPS counterparts some corners had to be cut and I'd rather have this than a choppy/crappy looking game. Although I wish the bloodstains stay on. I think they won't have that high of a memory footprint.

The current gen of consoles really is holding back game devs. I think it's time for the next stage. This is making me want more and more to take the plunge on a powerful PC.

All this "consoles are the reason for things i dislike in PC versions" stuff is starting to get on my nerves. Remember Doom3 and Quake4? These were made for PC and LATER ported to consoles. And in both games dead enemies disappear immediately. Even in PC games you have to make the decision what to keep in system-memory and what not.

Most games up to this day, with the exception of the old 2,5 D sprite-based games like Doom or Duke, have disappearing bodies! Back in the good old days, you had rather small maps with simple level-architecture and, in most cases, a fixed amount of enemies so this was pretty easy to handle. In modern games you have huge maps with almost unbelievable depth and a never ending reservoir of enemies. You just can't let the dead bodies lie where they are unless you want to slow down your game after some period of time. This has got nothing to do with consoles or pc. Even on pc you've got memory and rendering restrictions that prohibit careless usage of resources.

What are you on about, bodies in Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas don't disappear for days, and there are no bigger and more complex games than those, same for Deus Ex Human Revolution, I think bodies there are permanent and in the exact position you left them. Also with a slight tweak you can make bodies in Quake 4 permanent.

They have to consider the wider audience even if it is the PC because most people don't have extreme gaming PC's and those machines will start chugging after a while with too many bodies. Hence this decision on their end. For people who do have good machines will use an existing option/cvar to enable permanent bodies or a tiny mod. I hate it too but as a PC user I know there is an option that I can easily tweak to get it working. Right now this is vanilla rage, consistent across all platforms and maintaining really low sys requirements. It's really not that big a deal if you are a PC user because it's merely a tiny tweak.

I don’t think you fully understand the strain the memory is going to be under in this game, who cares if a body disappears if the game doesn’t shutter and lag with all that’s happening on screen, as long as it’s there long enough to loot it, your beginning to rant and look petulant over something that’s really very unimportant to most people id knew this or they wouldn’t have done it, if this is that much of a deal breaker for you don’t buy the game and move on please.