Thread: Unable to see the entire screen, when “A game of Thrones” loads

Unable to see the entire screen, when “A game of Thrones” loads

I have bought “A game of Thrones” and I have got an issue with this game. Every time I load this game, on the right side of screen there is a large black colored bar always gets displayed. I also tried going to options/display settings and then in resolutions but I am not able to find any way to see the bottom right of the screen so that I can click on the okay. If I try clicking on OK just by guessing then it will only permit me to just to correct one of the sliders. Is there anyone who has the same issue with this game or anyone who knows how to fix this issue? Please, reply.

Re: Unable to see the entire screen, when “A game of Thrones” loads

I have exactly same issue when I try to play this game. I always get a black band at the bottom of the screen and because of that I am not able see some of the buttons. I really need a solution for this so that I can play this game.

It is little bit similar to my problem also. I was getting a problem when I wanted to click the button which is at the bottom of the screen. I was not able to play this game at all, as I was not able to see the buttons, which were at the bottom side of the screen, whenever I was playing this game in full screen, and therefore I clicked on ‘don’t show in full screen’. Now I can click on all the buttons which are at the bottom of the screen. But I am not able to switch my game again to full screen mode because I am not able to click on save button. And now also I am not able to play this game as I am not able to see the buttons, which are at the bottom part of the screen. Is there any work around for this?

Do you both tried with restarting steam completely? And if that also didn’t work then try with restarting your computer. I hope it will get fixed then.

In my case when I launch this game then I get to see a man having two draggers in his hands and after that it completely goes black. I also tried checking integrity, it was saying that one file has failed to validate and it will not be reacquired. I tried reloading the game and after that restarting steam and even the PC, but none of them fixed this issue. Do any of you know how to fix this? Please, reply.

Here is a solution that you all can try to fix your issues.
    • First go to “My computer” and then in “My documents”.
    • Then look for a folder having name “Agot”, open that folder
    • Now, search for a file “config.xml” and then use the Notepad to edit that file.
    • Initial lines in that file will be something like this.
      <Config.xml>
      <Options>
      <Language>Russian</Language>
      <Video>
      <Resolution>(1360,768)</Resolution>
      <Depth>32</Depth>
      <Frequency>75</Frequency>
      <Adapter>0</Adapter>
      <Fullscreen>0</Fullscreen>
      <Shaders>2</Shaders>
      </Video>
    • There you will have to make the bellow changes:
      <Resolution>(800,600)</Resolution>
      <Fullscreen>1</Fullscreen>
    • Now, after doing this you will be able to booting in the windowed mode and change the resolution in the game.

I hope it helps you all to fix this issue.

In my case resolution was (1400, 900), and as you said in your solution I changed it to (800, 600). But, it didn’t seem to fix my issue, because now also, when I launch this game then the entire screen goes black. Is there any other solution that I can try?

As suggested in the previous solution, open the same file and edit that file. You will need to change the bellow lines which will be around 30th line in that file.
    <Cinematics>
    <Enable>1</Enable>
    </Cinematics>
    Change this to the below line of code
    <Cinematics>
    <Enable>0</Enable>
    </Cinematics>

I hope it will work for you. Just try it once and see if it works or not.

I tried changing that to 0, and it really worked for me. Now, I am not getting that black screen that I was getting before. Thanks for providing that working solution.

There you will have to make the bellow changes:
    <Resolution>(800, 600)</Resolution>
    <Fullscreen>1</Fullscreen>
    I tried changing it to 1024 x 768 and that worked for me. Now I have completely fixed my issue. thanks for sharing that solution here.