Thread: What are the most popular and least popular played Houses in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

What are the most popular and least popular played Houses in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Out of curiosity, I was wondering what everyone thinks the most popular and least popular played Houses will be? I believe the most popular will be House Stark. I think it's pretty obvious as to why, since they're everywhere in the book and heavily represented in the show. I think the least popular will be House Tyrell. Would you want to be called the "Knight of Flowers?" I don't think so.

Re: What are the most popular and least popular played Houses in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

Dorne is a recent personal favorite; as long as I get Oberyn I am happy. I have half a feeling that Frey will be neglected.

Re: What are the most popular and least popular played Houses in A Game of Thrones: Genesis

I agree due to the show House Stark will be the most popular, come to think of it Starks are the only family I really like as a whole. Everyone else I like a couple people then hate the rest. Like Tyrion and the Lannisters (Haven't read all of a dance of dragons so I'll see how I feel about Jamie from there) and then Dany with the Targaryen’s. Least popular I'm going to base my pick on the books and say House Arryn, at least Highgarden is rich and Ser Loras is one of the best fighters.

I think at the moment it’s a little too early to say. I think (as the others have said) that the Starks will be the most popular being the main protagonist in the show and the first couple of books. It will also depend on the special Units; if the singer unit is poor then people will avoid that house in favor of better special units.

I suspect that they will be my second favorite house, after Martell. And the only reason Martell comes first is because Martell was my favorite house in the CCG back when I played it. As a somewhat competitive Star Craft player, I can tell you that scanner sweep is an incredible ability. Unlike Star Craft, all the factions here seem to be almost identical (maybe like Age of Empires II). With identical factions, in which only one faction has scanner sweep (called the raven here) I see Targaryen being quite powerful.

The raven also seems to be unique in that it is useful for both military and diplomacy. It can scout military positions, and detect stealthy units. And it can be deployed anywhere. If my understanding of this is right, then, in a game where military isn't the only way to win (as the developers have claimed) Targaryen most likely has the best unique unit.

On the off-chance that someone unfamiliar with the books or TV show picks up this game, Targaryen’s have the 'dragon cool factor' in the campaign. Heck, Daenerys Targaryen is also one of the fan-favorites from what I've seen of the books and TV series.

Assuming that most people are familiar with the world before getting the game, though, I see Stark being most popular simply because they are the easiest to relate to early on. Direwolves also have some cool factor, and they are a multi-player unit. Lannister should be popular as well, since many people enjoy playing 'the bad guys.'

I suspect that one of Tyrell, Martell, and Arryn will be least popular, due to their lack of representation throughout the series. Later on Tyrell has the Queen of Thornes, and there's the Knight of Flowers, so they're somewhat better represented than the others, and Martell looks to be the first faction you play in the campaign mode of this game. So, I suspect Arryn as least played house.

While not a fan of Lysa either, I think most are like me in associating her more with House Arryn. It's a shame that all we get to see of Arryn is the crazy widow/mother and her half-wit, sissy son. If we read more of the adventures of Jon Arryn we might be more prone to play them, but I think House Arryn will be the least played. I associate House Tully with the more likeable characters of Edmure, Catelyn and the Blackfish. I think Catelyn will draw in some Tully players to make it middle of the road player-wise.