Thread: Weird problem with Dragon Age 2...

Weird problem with Dragon Age 2...

Okay so I bought Dragon Age 2 on the online EA store yesterday, downloaded it with Origin, installed it with no trouble and started it up. When the window opened up I got four pop-ups telling me to insert disk 1, 2, 3, and 4 into the disk drives. I cancelled all of them because... well there were no disks to put in.

Everything was fine after that until I got to about halfway through the tutorial battle with the Darkspawn. Suddenly, the music began to skip and the game froze, my entire screen went black, and when it came back to normal, the game wasn't responded and crashed completely with an error message.

I just so happen to be technologically challenged, but I've reinstalled the game and tried several more times to get it to work. All the graphics settings are on low and I'm playing it in windowed mode, but it's been the same process every single time. I'm working with Windows 7, and I'm not sure about my graphics card, but it's capable of running all my other games with no trouble, and I have plenty of space on my computer.

I'm just not sure what to do, as I said, I have the technological know-how of coffee cup.

Any ideas?

Re: Weird problem with Dragon Age 2...

You can try be updating the graphic driver to the latest one. I have gone through the similar problem with many of the other games and updating the graphic driver solves the problem for me. So I hope that it will do the same for you as well.