Thread: need to know about advertisement regarding The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard

need to know about advertisement regarding The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard

I have a computer at home and I like playing games on it. I have heard that The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard is available so I wanted this game. It was told that we can place pre-order until tomorrow. So I tried to place order but unfortunately I wasn’t able to do so. When I try to place the order the codes are not working. This is very annoying. Many friends of mine had also told me that the pre order codes are not working. I don’t what is the problem? I think this is really not a good way of advertising and doing business. Any suggestions regarding this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

re: need to know about advertisement regarding The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard

Well I think it would not be justified to say that it is a bad advertising. No company will want to do this. It will be a loss to the company if this is happening. I understand that there have been false advertisements but this one I don’t suspect. I think that there is some bug due to which this has happened. May be the code has not been developed properly. I hope the company comes to know about this earl, So that they won’t lose money.

re: need to know about advertisement regarding The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard

I think that this is a strategy of the turbine. It is an old way of creating publicity. Companies have been doing this from long years. So there is no much doubt what exactly it is. Companies know that people will complain regarding this and more people will come to know about the game and so. Conspiracy is very important for doing such businesses.

I think you are pre-ordering really very early. I think it is you who should be blamed. Most likely I think that it is a bug. No company is going to do that. I would say that you should try to contact the developers and you should let them know about this game if you are really a game freak and a game lover.

I think this is happening because of weekend and/or preparation for the update tomorrow. I would say that you should wait for couple of days. Let me tell you that you should have patience and the order is not going to complete without you. So just relax and take a deep breath. If this repeats after two days then you can call up the turbine and ask them about this directly. I think it’s like lot of people trying to place the order making it impossible.

The system might just get overloaded with everyone placing the preorder at the last moment. It might take some time for the code to get activated. If it is generated at time of sale it may take a little while to show up on Turbine's active list.

Well the company is not going to do this. A Company is not like the government. If anything happens companies are responsible and they have to pay the compensation. The one who become customer’s rival, has to lose his job or pay for it. If customers complain a lot, companies have to listen and compromise.

Pre-orders will be available "THROUGH SEPTEMBER 26TH" which is clearly noted on the emails they have sent out.

I would like to say that if you didn’t purchase and applied for pre-order key then you should consider the following what I am saying,
    • It's your own fault for doing things last minute
    • The billing system which handles your codes is also likely to be down (/not fully operational) as part of this Maintenance / Expansion release window.

Let me tell you that if it was bought as a pre-order key then also it will work as a pre-order key even if applied after launch. I hope you understand what I mean.

I would say that if you have the code then keep the receipt with you. it is turbine and they will give you more leverage later on.

Re: need to know about advertisement regarding The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard

I think you should not create an issue of this. I think you must contact the turbine people about the same and they will get the issue fixed for you which I assume. Ask them to get your issue fixed as soon as possible for you either by a mail or a PM things will get sorted out as soon as possible I suppose you should wait for the solution and reply. I hope so that was of great use for you that are it from my side for you.