Thread: Xbox360 Controller Support for TrackMania 2 Canyon

Xbox360 Controller Support for TrackMania 2 Canyon

The X360 Controller has turn out to be one the majority used controllers resting on PC today. Why not append support in favor of it out of the box? That means comprise a key mapping that build sense in favor of it. Somewhat by the side of the lines of:
    1. Menu: Start button.
    2. Scoreboard: back button.
    3. Brake: Left trigger.
    4. Reset track: Left Bumper.
    5. Steer: Left stick.
    6. Show/ Hide opponents: X button.
    7. Horn: A button.
    8. Show/ hide nametags: B button.
    9. Cycle camera: Y button.
    10. Last CP: Right Bumper.
    11. Accelerate: Right Trigger.

re: Xbox360 Controller Support for TrackMania 2 Canyon

Hello as per my knowledge, TM has for all time had held up for the 360 controller; on the other hand the triggers include for all time been set onto one axis. TM2 will as well maintain is however from what I've heard it's fundamentally the similar as a result the triggers are at rest one axis. TM does maintain it but the support is flaky at most excellent and I possibly will not at all acquire the triggers to work in favor of acceleration/breaking.

Hello as per my information I think the acceleration and break are digital control. For that reason it makes no dissimilarity if they are mapped toward the triggers or to additional buttons - in fact you possibly will find it extra annoying to make use of the triggers for the reason that you have to push them down up to now to turn them completely on. I make use of a 360 pad and I estimate over the years I have got utilize to using an in favor of gas and X in favor of brake. If there was an analogue strangle I would be jumping up and along regarding this exacting problem in addition however as it is it doesn't actually issue. In actual fact I wouldn't similar to the layout within your diagram in my opinion (even though I become conscious this is presently for illustration) - I consider fully customizable controls is presently one of the benefit of PC gaming.

Right now there is no crash in favor of the Xbox 360 pad within tm2. On the other hand, the game is at rest into beta. That does not denote that Nadeo will be capable to comprise rumble support through release, however in any case they are conscious of the difficulty. I am confident that rumble on additional pads works very well.

I'm not confident that accumulating rumble maintains will craft a huge quantity of dissimilarity to the gameplay, and it previously works in favor of additional pads; as a result it is comprehensible that it is not precedence. As I articulate, we will have to remain to perceive if there is somewhat they are able to perform for the release copy however if not I don't consider it is a question that will stop people export the game.

Some of us are in a difficult situation where we will use 900 degree steering wheels. If the configuration of TM2 control Canyon out to be just as TM1, then those of us with 900 degree wheel have force feedback, which is excellent, however we will not have adequate strength to the center spring. Alternatively, we are able to utilize a small application called Controller or Xbox emulator "xBoxCE" for short. This line up permit those of us through force criticism wheel in favor of playing games that simply maintain the Xbox 360 controller and what it does is trick the game into believing our flyer is an Xbox 360 pad. This is good, for the reason that although the game does not comprise virtual center of formation spring force, Xbox EC does, and lets you adjust the amount of tension / spring driving force in the FFB. I used this in TrackMania United Forever and works very well for the reason that unlike the usual wheel holder in TM1, this program gives me the amount of resistance center spring I would like to turn the wheel.

In my opinion I would have a preference A, since that system do not have to bother through xBoxCE at all and able to basically build use of the wheels directly into the game through appropriate FFB. However in condition you add a center spring set force, after that the game with a FFB wheel will feel loose and sloppy, no resistance to rotation.

I've played these games for long enough to know that we all like to play differently, but I must warn you - is not particularly easy cannon wheel. You talk regarding a 900-degree turning radius - If you make use of all of that transition is better than being in shape, for the reason that the wheel will spin similar to crazy trying to shut slightly than drift. The game seems to cater to users of keyboard and keyboard - I think you get tired of using a wheel rather quickly.

It's a little additional than unsatisfactory, it's downright revolting! Nadeo Seriously. It's been 3 or 4 years in view of the fact that I coded the game TrackMania precedent and cannot even append native support xinput Canyon? You be acquainted with they were going to be millions of people playing this game through an Xbox 360 controller.

Re: Xbox360 Controller Support for TrackMania 2 Canyon

If you would like the accurate support for native XInput games (for case in point, which shows the present 360 buttons resting on the game as the majority games for Windows titles do) you have to go through Microsoft drivers. Or else XBCD XInput simply emulated.