Thread: How to Purchase and download games for xbox

How to Purchase and download games for xbox

I have bought a xbox for my child and i wanted to purchase some games as well but i don't have an idea about it as i have never came across this before.Is there any one who can help me out with a simple process of purchasing it.Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to Purchase and download games for xbox

In order to purchase a game you need to add a payment method first i mean you can add credit/debit cards on the console for the purchasing process.In order to do this just Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamer tag and then select your avatar from my box and then Go in to the "Account Management" and select "Manage Account" and then in to Memberships and select the membership you want eg Xbox LIVE Gold and after that got o "Change Payment" Options and then select "Add Credit Card" and then add your credit card no an in order to edit an existing payment option you can select the payment option.Hope that helps

while adding a payment option since you are doing this for the first time make sure that you are entering all the information correctly which matches your Xbox LIVE account which might include your name, address, card info, etc.If the name on your card and the name on your Xbox live account varies then this might result in some problem when using the card.You also have to make sure that the billing region on the payment matches your account account as well and once after you are confident that all the information are entered correctly you can then try to remove the payment method and then re-add to your account.

Even i wanted to download games for my Xbox and i have already followed this process in order to purchase the needed games but the problem i am facing now is that i am getting some error messages for multiple payment method which says "Can't Authorize" and i am also getting charged $1 when i am adding a payment method.Is there any other way to purchase the games.Any helping suggestion will be appreciated.

As far as i know if you are experiencing "Can't Authorize" error with the multiple payment methods and from the multiple providers such as Paypal and different banks or any other credit cards then you may have to contact the phone support of your region in order to get more information in order to understand your problem and then solve it as well.I think that there might be some kind of issue with your account which can only be solved by the phone assist so better try to contact them and check out if the can solve it out.

Yes you are charged $1 when you add a payment method but i will like to tell you that these are are just some test charges which is sent to you in order to verify that your payment method is working well and it is accepting charges and probably you don't have to worry about this because the will surely be reversed to you within a few days but if you are not able to see that happen than just leave your account and verify that you have not made $1 purchases and once if you are sure that you have not bought any thing than you can contact your Xbox phone support or the bank people.They will help you out.

I have not yet tried purchasing my content rather than purchasing the content directly on LIVE but i have heard that you can purchase a pre-paid card which you can easily get from a local retailer or can get it online as well.I have also heard that These cards are redeemed for Microsoft points,games,add-on content,or Xbox LIVE time but i am not very sure about this.

I have been trying to download games for my Xbox since 2 days but i am facing a weird problem and it is that the download is starting very well but i don't no why it is not ending its just taking a lot of time but i have noticed that when my friend download any game for his Xbox at his place then he is very well able to download it very much faster than me.I am not getting the problem can there be any issue with the speed?. Any helping suggestion will be appreciated

If you are facing such problems after you have purchased it successfully then i think you might be having low internet speed so you can probably go for a speed test in order to check what speed you are getting because the speed coming to your house is not every time the speed reaching the console.The speed can be shared by all the other device that you might have connected to the network and if you are using a WLAN than just try to plugin your console to your router directly in order to improve your speed.Hope that helps.

If you feel that there is no problem with the speed than you can deleting the downloaded file and then try downloading it again and in order to delete the content just go to the System Settings > Memory >select the storage device > select the content type>select content>Delete but if you don't find the content here than check it in the Games folder and when you find it go to the System Settings > Memory > Highlight HDD, Press "Y" > Clear System Cache > Yes and then just reboot your system and try downloading it again.Hope it was helpful.