Thread: How to control more than 4 units in Men of War: Vietnam

How to control more than 4 units in Men of War: Vietnam

This game is awesome, except the part where I have to spend as much time micromanaging of 4. I bought the game thinking it would be like assault squad in the waves of people sending combat units to request reinforcements from all over the road. Instead I am left with a strategy game in real time trying to be a third person combat simulator. Hopefully you have some kind of skirmish map add in the future or otherwise permanently feel burned by this game and always ask 1C competence as a developer. I have a lot of friends who also love to play Assault Brigade and told them to avoid this game like the plague. The just way to drag this one from the abyss is whether the release of a few type of development kit which permits users to make suitable assignments.

Re: How to control more than 4 units in Men of War: Vietnam

I at a standstill do not have this game yet (hoping to buy a disk), but every time I read comments like this that makes me think SHoWW2, the game that started it all for me. This type of MoW's what I have been in the offing for. He does all the interesting things I like about these great games again. Your version could be fun too.

This comes from a person who has beaten the complete AS campaign with the fog of war. Please make a cooperative skirmish mode rivets playing with over 6 or 7 people. Possibly even add a few wild things like letting units order. One or two such special forces missions is one thing, but a whole game based on the observation of weak units die again and again without the possibility of reinforcements did not make a good game.

It would be great to go into a Large-Scale fight with Vietnam Era weapons, vehicles, and Air Power.

I agree. The mic becomes unbearable with too many units under his control. Ensure that all resupplied with ammunition, grenades and health teams after a major shootout is a nightmare. However, I would like to include two types of settings: small, commando-type operations and large-scale offensive regiment. After all, special operations forces were not alone in fighting the Vietnam War, seems a missed opportunity given that a game is not comparable out there.

I was hoping to use to transport my Huey air mobile squads around the map and behind the enemy. But from what I hear, the helicopters are not even controllable. However, as I have understood, the game comes with all the units necessary for large-scale combat, counting tanks, armored vehicles, jeeps and grunts. It's just that the missions do not in fact utilize those assets, as a minimum not in any way you can control.

That is the tragedy of it all. The pieces are there to be utilized without specification development kit, and not anything but the op style missions are sufficient to drive a person (me) crazy. I have read about there being limited number of the control unit, but I do not think would be for the whole game. I did however play the demo of the first men of war and appreciate that there was a limited amount of obtainable units. I suppose that men of war as the exception. It's frustrating because this game could have been much more, but ended up being a festival of recharge due to lack of reinforcements.

This is why in single player mode you can hold back the gameplay to slow movement so it’s about like turn depends aka super slow and after that you have abundance of time to micro.

In fact, the original man of war, as well as red tide was so much smaller scale and large scale battles. Men of War began with a small team based in the operations of introduction, but soon gave control over larger units in defense missions that followed. In between, he turned back to the base of team tactics as he escaped from prison with the help of local resistance. The first mission of the red tide and is given control over several squadrons in an amphibious assault. It was clear from the description that Vietnam's campaign would be limited to squad based combat command style, but I was waiting for me to include a number of conventional war scenarios as well.

How do the 5 bonus single player situations that come with the Special Edition play? They sound like bigger scale firefights.