Thread: How to use claymores in Men of War: Vietnam

How to use claymores in Men of War: Vietnam

When I set the wicked right foot on them and not go out. "Facing the enemy" does not seem to be working for me. So anyone have any idea about this? Please, if anyone receives any information or any useful idea I get.

Re: How to use claymores in Men of War: Vietnam

I really not understand how sensibly they are modeled in this game, but claymores have to be starting out manually.

I was able to productively utilize the Claymores in my existing mission, which I think is the second mission of the U.S. campaign. The place where a group coming down the road at the starting of the mission. The first time I tried to use the claymores that failed to activate, apparently, your shooting distance was not large sufficient and the opponent troops were walking outside the range of mine. I loaded the mission several times trying to place them in places that could cause a detonation good. After about 5 attempts, I finally found places that the enemy was heading directly above them and caused the blast properly.

It looks that the Claymores don't in fact function like a true Claymore; they work in its place more like the AP mines in earlier MoW titles. Simply make up that there is a small circle around the mine that is the launch trigger, and anybody pacing onto the mine itself or within a very short series from it will cause it to trigger.

Personally, I believe that the Claymores are doing wrong. As a former Army soldier myself, I have some experience in the use of Claymore mines. I was waiting for the Claymores in the game to function similarly, with a blast of directed fragmentation rather than the "old" circular burst limited scope.

It would as well have been immense if the Claymores were detonated in place of "trigger detonated," as they are now. Today, these "Claymores" are not anything more than a Reskin of the former mines, apparently, the addition of any new effect or function. Because of that, they offer a very limited use, with a very small range explosion and even short range shot.

The Claymores do "work", but not as one would imagine. It is essential to place them in a physical place where the opponent walk right on top of the mine, walk "near" not cause it. It as well does not need any "front" as they are not directional.