Thread: Opinion on Men of War: Vietnam

Opinion on Men of War: Vietnam

I have played very few and currently I have to say, I am frightened. I like the challenge, which truly is not impossible if you apply the general tactics. There are many different ways around situations. I personally enjoy sending the bad from the earth at a time before booting with the rest style ambush. I like the sound, I like the ability to field strip the battlefield, and there is no greater satisfaction than to give a deposit of the bad news with an RPG or AT gun. There are some minor problems that meeting in the IA (which rarely let the computer from its leash and allow them to move at will, as they have a habit of doing stupid things sometimes), but overall, I think it's a great title. Just one question, however, when I got the team to fire at will, even when there is bad right in front of them; do not open fire unless you manually turn the nomination.

Re: Opinion on Men of War: Vietnam

No detach for that. Click on an opponent to see its wretched field of view and you will observe why your soldiers ain’t shooting.

The game is one sided, i.e. almost every mission is the same as the next. What do you do when you have completed the 15 missions, taking into account that you have the bonus missions. Well, the cooperative is the same thing, the multiplayer is like hell, and then there is no editor.

Personally I cannot plunk MP games, so I cannot say much regarding that feature. But while it comes to the SP, I like the challenge. I am at a standstill playing through the other titles MOW even though I have won countless times. I just like doing things in dissimilar ways. It's quite one-sided, I agree, but I like how it runs, the less the voice acting, of course, is why turn off the music and speech. I like having to watch every step I take; sometimes a person can reduce in the first seconds of the game, impressive. For the budget they were working with I think they did a good job.

So far I'm enjoying the game a bit. Sure, it has its negative aspects, but overall the original version is still a lot of fun. Personally, I prefer the "smaller" elements under control. In Memory of the World previous titles, I had some control missions that 3-8 soldiers, and others that had command of more than 25.

Memory of the World: V light passes route, sticking mostly with small-unit combat. On average, the missions offer soldiers commanded by 4-6, with a couple of missions that offers the control of a dozen units on a temporary basis. This makes the game more enjoyable (in my opinion), because they spend less time than the micro-management of everyone else, and that means more time to concentrate on a specific unit. And with less "disposable" units under his command, but also means you have to modify their tactics to maximize survival.

I find it easier to locate and identify enemy patrols or less alone, taking them as I go. The work of the perimeter a bit, eliminating as many units as possible without raising the alarm. Once the patrols are out of the picture, you can usually sneak it easier for staff positions or to complete other goals. You can also try to plunder AT container supply capabilities, or take over an HMG / mortar position and take them to a "safe" for the location of support functions.

This is just the initial version and will probably be several fixes / patches / upgrades along the road. In general, however, great game. I think the price was a bit too much for the content, but I hope future patches and updates are compensated.

I agree the single player is great, I have no idea why people are giving Vietnam a difficult moment for the high prices of steam, but the price will go down at one point. The men of war in Vietnam is of the old school players of the era of military hero of World War II, the game is to return to the playing style of the old series. It was not at all planned as an update to Assault Squadron, as they focus on the single player campaign as red tide, but with the co-op that lots of people wanted to me.