Thread: How to connect Xbox 360 to Linksys WRT160Nv3 router

How to connect Xbox 360 to Linksys WRT160Nv3 router

Hello friends, I recently purchased the WRT160Nv3 router and I am facing a major problem with connecting it to Xbox 360 and also with the Xbox 360 games. Actually my NAT is Moderate and it is troubling me off for the reason that I cannot find a solution to connect it with the Xbox 360. So Please somebody post a solution to the problem I am facing with the connection and also explain in detail to solve the problem, so please tell me. As I am tired of getting kicked from the parties and being the only slow one with a connection to play the game online. Thank you.

re: How to connect Xbox 360 to Linksys WRT160Nv3 router

Try to do the connection proper, I think the connection which you have might done will be not proper so that is the reason which is giving you problem to play the game and also not making to connect the game, so check the connection with the router.

Even I think it might be due to the connection of the router, you might have not connected the router properly with the Xbox 360 or with the internet modem which you used at your place, so I have the method to connect the router, so you just need to follow the below step which I am mentioned it, then it will be better for you to do and get the game going on. The setup is as follows:
    • Connect the Cable modem to the WRT160Nv3 router
    • Then connect the ports of the WRT160Nv3 router
    • Connect the port 1 of the WRT160Nv3 router to the Xbox 360
    • Connect the port 1 of the WRT160Nv3 router to the Broadband

Try this it might work for and also solve the problem of yours.

I think you will be able to get the solution for this problem and also you will get the step for this on the internet as well, so I would suggest you to go on the internet and check for this and you will be able to get the proper solution for the problem.

Actually I was also facing the same problem which you are facing right now, as I think it is due to the static IP which you have to enter manually and get it done to solve the problem as you have to do following steps,
    • Put a static IP on your Xbox 360.
    • You have to create a right forward port (TCP/UDP 3074 and UDP 88) for the static IP on the router
    • You have to disable the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) feature.

As this were the steps which I have tried and it has worked for me and also solve the problem of mine. So I think you can try this and get the problem solved.

I also think the same and also it might solve the problem, as I having the other router and I have tried the same and it has solved the problem of mines and I was able to work / play the game without getting kicked.

Well my friend do one thing, go to Internet Explorer browser page on desktop, and in the address bar enter 192.168.1.1, you will ask to enter Username and password so left the username blank and in Password type admin in small. Then on the set-up tab change the MTU Size to 1365 and click on the Save Settings, then Click on "Administration" tab and disable the option UPnP and click on the Save Settings, then Click on the "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on the "Port Range Forwarding" which is the sub tab, and then follow the following steps:
    • On the first line type in ABC, in start box type 53 and End box type 3074, leave the protocol and under IP address type 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box, then click on Save Settings when done.
    • Go back to the set up page and click on the Security tab and uncheck the Block Anonymous Internet Requests, click on Save Settings.
    • Now click on Status tab and note down the DNS1 and DNS2 Addresses.
    • Go to the Xbox Network and IP Address Settings and select the manual IP Settings and assign the following to the Xbox
    • a. IP Address :- 192.168.1.20,
    • b. Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0,
    • c. Default Gateway: - 192.168.1.1.
    • Assign the DNS Address on Xbox Using DNS 1 and DNS 2 Addresses which you have noted down from router status tab
    • Turn off all (includes modem, router, and Xbox) and Wait for some minute.
    • Plug on the modem power, then wait for one more minute and then plug the router power cable, again wait for one more minute and then turn on the Xbox 360 and test it

Just follow this step as it will work and you will be connected.

You should try the above steps as it is the best and also the perfect solution to solve the problem of yours and also you keep note of this if you get the problem again.

The above user have mentioned the correct and also the perfect steps you need to follow, so I would suggest you to follow the same steps and also will tell you to do as per the step which the user have told you to do and I am very sure that you will be able to solve the problem and also you will be able to play the game more easily on your Xbox 360, I will suggest you the same and try to do the same as it.

You can try the above steps which the user has told to do or another method is that you can search on the internet; you will get the solution over there.

The steps have actually worked for me and also I am able to play the game, I would thanks all the users for giving the solution to me and I have found the problem solved.