Thread: Fifa 12 works only with Pad unplugged.

Fifa 12 works only with Pad unplugged.

I am willing to play this game called fifa 12 but the problem i am facing is that whenever i start with the controller connected on the USB then the game crashes by just showing me the FIFA12 logo and then returning back to the windows but when i start the game with the controller unplugged then it works fine but then i have to play it with the keyboard.I am using PS3 Sixaxis with the 11679_Sixaxis_PS3_Win32_Driver_For_PC.Is there any one who have faced the same problem and has a idea about sorting it.Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: Fifa 12 works only with Pad unplugged.

Before i suggest you something just answer me that what type of controller you are using? is it crashing as soon as you are plugging your controller or it crashes when you plug it in and then start the game? have you tried checking it with different controller as well? and which platform you are using to play the game? just be a bit specific so i could help you at my level best to sort this out.

I am facing the same problem I am using Win7 x86 and i am using a PlayStation 3 controller which is wired with the 11679_Sixaxis_PS3_Win32_Driver_For_PC and the game is crashing every time on restart whether i have plugged the controller or i have not plugged the controller,i have also tried using different controller in order to check but it seems nothing have been working so far.I have tried all the possible way from my side and have not found any solution yet to solve this out so any further suggestion and help for solving this will be appreciated.

Even i have been facing this same kind of error quite a few times but i have solved it by trying this out.what all you have to do is just copy the file "buttonDataSetup.ini" from the folder "C:\Users\User\Documents\FIFA 12" to the foldef "C:\Users\User\Documents\FIFA 12" and then reboot your system and then start the game and check whether if it works.This has mostly helped me in solving this kind of problem whenever i used to face this kind of problem with my controllers this,I think it arises when the computer fails to read your controller and following the above solution helps it out to read your controller and hence do not results in crashing the game.

You can even try this solution as well.What all you have to do is just go to start>run>typeRegedit>HKEY_CUURET_USER>System>CurrentControlSet>Control>MediaProperties>PrivatePrope rties>Joystick>OEM> here you might get some folders just try to find out a file called OEMName after you get it just Right Click on it and then click on modify and then Rename USB Gamepad to ” Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 ” after you are done with this just download Xbox 360 controller files and paste them in your main FIFA 12 Demo folder later reboot your computer and then start the game and then connect6 your controller you wont get the same problem again.

There are some good gamepads from different companies like Logitech,Saitek,Thrustmaster,hama,SpeedLink and Microsoft which are compatible with the fifa 11 and fifa 12 as well and don't result in any kind of problem during gaming and these gamepads have also not resulted for the cause of crashing the game as well so you can just check about them in detail and can avoid further problems