Thread: Steam need to change Notification Corner

Steam need to change Notification Corner

I presently hate how the majority game UIs utilizes the lower right corner and after that a Steam notification pops up and conceals my choice. I in no doubt possibly will disable them, however they are so helpful. On the other hand, I have additional unused corners resting on my screen which would not have an effect on my gameplay, and I would still be gifted to perceive my notifications. It would be great if we possibly will choose where Steam notifications are shown on top of the screen. at the same time as a usual Linux client (gnome desktop), I am as well used to comprise the taskbar on top, still beneath Windows, as a result having notice at the underneath right create no sense, as it is in favor of a default Windows configuration where it come into view close to the tray icon.

Re: Steam need to change Notification Corner

I would love to perceive that type of customization within additional function which makes use of the similar type of pop-up notice, however in favor of Windows, I can't consider of some. I am acquainted with Windows Live Messenger and Google Talk will position the notification pop-up anywhere your tray symbol is , however I'd favor to be capable to describe myself where it will pop-up, for the reason that in a number of games, typically RTS, it is actually irritating toward have it on underneath right.

It would be pleasant if we possibly will comprise per-game settings in favor of this (in addition to per-account in favor of at what time outside games) as a result we don't comprise to modify it for each time it would affect conflict through a game's UI. I'm playing a RTS which has UI at underneath right; I possibly will place the notification at apex right. Which has a chart show at top right; I require switching it to an additional corner, proverb underneath right. If I acquire back toward this RTS, I'll comprise to flip it another time, which will obtain frustrating.

Yes it’s totally irritating to maximum steam users. Particularly since Valve possibly will effortlessly implement it some time, for the reason that I've previously seen the notice be within a dissimilar corner resting on Mac. A choice to modify where it pops up within the steam choice menu is accordingly required; I can't accept as true the developers missing out somewhat so easy things.

Hello I am totally agree with your thoughts. They have to provide and choice to totally disabled the all steam notification. Steam's notifications are popping up below my Growl notice. And I found this very irritating. So I think you are correct they have to think about this.