Thread: Is Impassable Mountains in Sengoku Game are really impassable?

Is Impassable Mountains in Sengoku Game are really impassable?

I am playing Sengoku Game and it is really very enjoying playing this game. But, here I have a confusion about this game, when I looked around the map for first time I noticed there some impassable mountains then I thought it’s great because it will me to find some strategic options to pass those mountains but when I played through them then I noticed that armies were able to easily march through those mountains.
    You can consider for example, province such Shuwa and Koma big mountains all along their border and according to the tooltip says they are impassable mountains but I was thinking what will be the role of those impassable mountains, if armies can still march through there. I am missing something or they just give bigger land penalties?

Re: Is Impassable Mountains in Sengoku Game are really impassable?

Yes, I think impassable mountains just meant to be hard to get attacked and nothing else. I also felt that armies can march through them very easily. But, you cannot deny that they take very long time to travel through them and I think that is the reason why they call it impassable mountains.

I feel it too bad. I was thinking that they will really be impassable. It would have been nice if there would be some real impassable areas on the map. However the Sengoku is still an enjoyable game

Just consider those impassable mountains as an army taking considerably shallow paths and they are passing through the mountains.

As far as I remembered there is actually not a single province that you can say has solely impassable mountains. If they told that they are impassable mountains then it doesn’t means that they are not traversable. You can say that they just take little longer time to move armies through those mountains.

I think the only way to really make impassable region is to mod it. If you mod a region to only have impassable mountains then those region can really be considered as impassable, though it does not seems realistic.

However, there were some mountains and they were having only two or even just one passes and they were impassable through many of the year. But, just making armies to move little slowly doesn’t make any practical way to represent any impassable mountain areas.

If you really need impassable mountains then here is one thing which you can do to make them impassable. If you want they you can put some black on the provicnces.bmp where several mountains are. This way you can get impassable mountains. This will surely work for all of you.

Yes, putting some black on provicnces.bmp but if that don’t work for you and you still want to make some impassable mountains then you can also make them into lakes and make believe that they are mountains.

Yes, I tried putting some black on provinces.bmp and in addition to that I also tried making them into lakes also and I found that both of the methods really work. So, thanks to both of you for sharing that with us.

Here, I want to ask you guys that how to edit the map? And also, should I just draw some stuffs on the provinces.bmp to make impassable areas?

I have several maps which are showing all the contemporary major roads. What I was thinking is I will try to make all other borders as impassable, though I was thinking will it be an interesting strategic element or a pain will remain to be seen in this game?