Thread: Is there any INI tweaks for the PC version to turn off blur in Call of Juarez:The Cartel?

Is there any INI tweaks for the PC version to turn off blur in Call of Juarez:The Cartel?

Guys do you all have any idea about the same, I have not come across any tweaks for the game that’s why I am asking you all about it. Since I have seen some random blur while playing the game that’s why I am asking you about it. so do you have any idea about it, settings like these are common in many of the games and hence I am asking you about it. so I am looking forward for the responses from you all, I think someone among you might give me the answer on the same. so do reply on the same.

Re: Is there any INI tweaks for the PC version to turn off blur in Call of Juarez:The Cartel?

Quote Originally Posted by ProBaal View Post
    Guys do you all have any idea about the same, I have not come across any tweaks for the game that’s why I am asking you all about it. Since I have seen some random blur while playing the game that’s why I am asking you about it. so do you have any idea about it, settings like these are common in many of the games and hence I am asking you about it. so I am looking forward for the responses from you all, I think someone among you might give me the answer on the same. so do reply on the same.
    I really don’t think so this is any issue is it? the blur effect is given purposely for the game so that it can hide some of the bad textures in the game that’s what I feel, so that’s what I want to say here. as such I don’t think so there is any tweaks for this game that’s what I feel. at least that’s what I got to hear with some of my friends who have already played this game, so that’s what I want to say here.

Re: Is there any INI tweaks for the PC version to turn off blur in Call of Juarez:The Cartel?

No buddy there is no settings at all in the game, the settings do get saved in the steam also the settings do get saved only in the two files i.e. profiles\default.pro and save\autosave.sav. so I don’t find any way by which you will be able to save the tweak settings that’s what I feel here. so do not look for any other tweak settings that’s what I think. In case if we get hold of any such settings in the game then I will make sure that I will notify you about the same, so that’s what I want to say here. Anything else that you need to know here?

Have you checked it out with the video ram of the system if not then I would advise you to check about the same you should get information on it that’s what I feel. so do check out for the same first and get back to me if that was enough for you also your graphic card settings does gives you options of changing the blur and the hdr settings in the game that’s what you should be doing and hence that’s the appropriate advise that I can give you at this moment of time. Though let me warn you that your fps experience will be harmed by that so you should be aware of that before doing so, so that’s why I am warning you about the same, anyways do give a try for the said method and let me know if that makes any differences or not. I think you will get some responses out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squibbit View Post
    Have you checked it out with the video ram of the system if not then I would advise you to check about the same you should get information on it that’s what I feel. so do check out for the same first and get back to me if that was enough for you also your graphic card settings does gives you options of changing the blur and the hdr settings in the game that’s what you should be doing and hence that’s the appropriate advise that I can give you at this moment of time. Though let me warn you that your fps experience will be harmed by that so you should be aware of that before doing so, so that’s why I am warning you about the same, anyways do give a try for the said method and let me know if that makes any differences or not. I think you will get some responses out of it.
    Yes that was what I am saying if I am going to change that setting then I am sure that it will make some terrible changes to the fps rate which I don’t think so I a good idea at all. I don’t know if I have mentioned this same point in the above post or not. Anyways is there any other thing by which we can work on and get the result if you do have some idea then do let me know about it.

I would advise you to have a check with the graphic card well I don’t know much about the blur effect but if there is some issue with the graphic card then it might end up giving you such issue, so that’s why I am asking you to be patient and check with your graphic card the normal settings that are required for the game and hence make the necessary changes. I don’t think so there is any other settings and as such I am not getting any ideas in my brain which you can try out however this is the most simplest method that I have suggested you give it a try for sure and elt me know what was the output.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBaal View Post
    Yes that was what I am saying if I am going to change that setting then I am sure that it will make some terrible changes to the fps rate which I don’t think so I a good idea at all. I don’t know if I have mentioned this same point in the above post or not. Anyways is there any other thing by which we can work on and get the result if you do have some idea then do let me know about it.
    I would advise you to have a check with the following file that I have mentioned here i.e. the file named as steamapps/common/call of juarez - the cartel/MD/out/settings/video.scr. See if it gives any changes or not. Worth giving a try.

Have you checked it with the video.scr file. If not then I would advise to have a check about the same and then make it as a read only file, for sure you will get the necessary response on it. That’s what you need to do. In case if you haven’t done then it will give you problems like these.

I was just going through the different forums and I just happened to come across a nvidia website and I got a good tweaked video.scr settings for you, make sure that you do entre that values and probability of getting the right notes is quite high that’s what I feel here.
    !Resolution(i,i)
    !FSAA(i) // Full Screen AntiAliasing, 0 - none, higher is better
    !Filtering(s)(bilinear is better)
    !Shadows(s)
    !Fullscreen()
    !MaxRefresh(i)
    !TextureQuality(s)
    !TexBPP(i)
    !WaterQuality(i) (low is better)
    !GrassQuality(i)( same as above)
    !PostProcess(s)
    !DisplayDeviceType(i,f,f,f,f)
    Keep the resolution as max as possible that will be better for sure.
    BPP(32)
    Monitor(-1)
    TextureQuality("High")
    Filtering("AnisotropicTrilinear")
    Shadows("High")
    ShadowMapSize(4096)
    SpotShadowMapSize(4096)
    DisplayDeviceType(0,0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.0 00000)
    So here is the overview of the settings that I have given you hope so it will be beneficial for you in the process also make sure that you have kept the video.scr file as a read only file.

Ok thanks I will have a check about the same, appreciate the efforts that you have put in over here. are you sure that it will work out since this setting might have worked out well with you but how sure are you that it will work out with me as well?