Thread: Characters unreadable in Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Characters unreadable in Call of Juarez: The Cartel

I know that my video card is not listed as "compatible", but I bought through Steam and tried to run COJ2 anyway. It is a GeForce 9500GT which works quite well for 99% of games on the market. I run on a Windows Vista 64 bits. When you attempt to COJ2, characters cannot read the menu and in the game. I clicked my way to start the game, which passed without problems: I managed to shoot the enemies a lot and stuff. And yet, cannot even read what my search. Can anyone help?

Re: Characters unreadable in Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Just received a response from Ubi saying that my computer just does not have the minimum requirements, so, will not play the game, nor will they release a patch. This does not make much sagacity, the game runs easily and perfectly, I cannot read those lines. And my video card is faster than many of those listed as compatible. Ubisoft The type of bonding, erroneously, the Far Cry 2 system specs (not including supports my card). The irony, I think, is that Far Cry 2 does not work very well on my PC without this error.

I just found out the Steam forums that someone in Germany is having the same problem and uses a Geforce9800 a compatible video card. We UBI, pay attention and stop using the excuse that my video card is not supported and it will not release a patch!

I have this problem too, but you can run the game, if you call having to click blindly through menu settings foreigners without it. In fact, for about 3-4 hours through it last night and forgot all the time had not run AlacrityPC to close all background progs and essential services and still I did not crash, delay, audio problems, etc.

Others have stated getting foreign text, and, a few wonder that the game is the exclusion of one of the files while installed correctly. A few have had troubles with sound too, but mine seems well, and everything is in English sound wise. Despite not really have crashed, the game generates a crash log in My Documents and says three files are missing. Two affects files, and sprite. ppfx play3da.ppfx and a sound file, coj_dark_memmentos.

I noticed the two videos Ubi introduction is not shown in the same resolution by clicking on them individually in the folder menu of the game. Instead of filling the side of the screen next to them crumpled on how to try to be 4:3 with the deformed geometry. When the game launches hitch also play a bit with the sound strident, but the game runs smoothly.

I would ask at this point if it is supposed to be background showing videos in the menu screen. Many of the videos in the folder menu of the game say menu at the top of them, however, only see a menu as shown above, with foreign text on it.

My GPU is a 512MB X1950PRO AGP with P4 3 GHz CPU and 2 GB RAM. I know my GPU is well above the X1650 required, but is not required 3.2GHz CPU. I really do not think it's because although the game works great, I cannot read the menu or any text in the game so I cannot handle money, see the objectives or anything. The only reason I've gone as far as I have is to follow the manual in pdf to see which keys I have to use for certain things, but does not describe the purchase of goods and taking on side quests.

In fact right now I'm a bit stuck at a point in the game where I am no Tommy in a common amass with mandatory posters and many of things you can acquire, but illustrates no objective markers later than buying a few things ( exposed green meant I could purchase through the Key Action) and pick up a wanted poster. I rode and found a booth with a guy in the same surrounded by Indians who hid from the Indians and shot him.

I as well have a difficulty that my game freezes at the 1st outcome video and while I play online it works for 2 minutes and after that the game freezes.

Try looking in the Nvidia control panel for some options and see how you can make. Verify that the settings are set for 3D control of the application, and also try to adjust the anisotropic filtering and initializing control of your application or disabled. You can access this by right clicking on the desktop and choose NVIDIA Control Panel.

I do not know about you all. But I'm tired of buying games that do not work. I miss the old days when you could earn money and buy a legitimate copy and have fun, but I am troubleshooting fifth pieces like this game nonstop. I was really hoping COJ: BIB because the first was fun for me, but now cannot even come home from work and relax by playing my game. If Ubisoft decides to do a patch, have been killed there own business, and will ensure that everyone knows that arrogance. Ubi I called today and suggested I turn on my resolution. I had it set in my native resolution, and then said that the devices running on the ground again made the perform incorrectly install.