Thread: Wedges on the green in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters

Wedges on the green in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters

I find it very annoying when players decide to use wedges on the green, I realize some of the most difficult putt putts in, but regardless it is assumed that a putt in, whether it was by means of wedges in green in a real field will be asked to leave and not return, what do you think?

Re: Wedges on the green in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters

It would make sense for a lot of golf to have local rules that prohibit the use of pitch on the green because of the divots can cause damage. However, there is no rule in golf that says you cannot throw or jump on a green. When a local rule is more prohibitive rules of golf with local laws will prevail.

In the case of TW game no harm done to the virtual green and there is a local rule that says you cannot throw. I'm not particularly fond of him and only do so when it is impossible to put into the hole, but it does not matter to me if others do. Others play the game the way you want to play and not up to me to change the rules of golf.

Utilizing a pitch on the green on a usual or semi-regular basis is a bit tacky and is possibly the just way a few people can hole out average to long putts as they can't put like men to start with!

There are very legitimate reasons why you need to launch a green. For example, a green boomerang as seen at Whistling Straits, where there is a waste area / barrel between you and the flag. Or like a putt I had last night in Costa Novarino which was 120 meters and 4.5 meters uphill, only the putter will not get you there, so rather than leave yourself a 25 "+ 1.5" second putt uphill is best to get close with a pitch. I've also thrown on the greens during my first attempts to learn to putt in Tournament Mode, as I never felt confident to get anywhere near the hole, when 35 feet + away from the hole.

No, not asked to leave the course if the shot is something that the card that gave him a chance to putt better than any. That's weird, though. And, of course, if you tear up the course, which is frowned upon in real life, what you are doing in the green, it is probably best left to people like really Mickelson when something on the line.

If I have the opportunity to putt or pitch is chosen each time you putt, because it put a lot more accurate to throw. Like Buddha mentioned, there are certain situations where it is simply not possible to make an obstruction (range, bunker) or the length of the putter does not reach the cup for what happened to me in those situations. Otherwise, if you are a good putter would be foolish to choose a field in place. So in my mind that nobody throws on the green in normal situations are themselves disabled and will not be able to date someone who is a good putter.

In Tournament Mode I think someone really has to be crazy to throw when they could putt. With the way the pitch is sprayed his chances of being farther from the hole with a putt is overwhelming.