Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Civ 5 games crashing after playing for 20 minutes and requires hard reset

Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Civ 5 games crashing after playing for 20 minutes and requires hard reset

I have a computer at my home. I like playing games. Actually recently I have observed that after playing games for 20 minutes, my game crashes, screen frozen up and sound stutters. To overcome this problem I always have to hard reset. I cannot go back to windows, all hard drive also actively gets stop. Windows doesn’t give any error messages also from not being shut down properly. I never get a BSOD. I have replaced my psu but nothing has happened. The crash problem is still persisting. I don’t know what to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Below I have mentioned my systems specifications,
    • Windows 7 64-bit Professional
    • Intel i5-2500K @ stock speeds
    • Asus P8P67 B3 (TPU, EPU off)
    • Powercolor Radeon HD 6850 775MHZ 1GB running latest Catalyst driver
    • Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 7200.12 1TB SATA
    • G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws PC3-12800 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
    • OCZ ModXStreamPro 700W (replacing an Antec Neo 450W)
    • CoolerMaster HAF912

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Civ 5 games crashing after playing for 20 minutes and requires hard reset

I would suggest you to once check the temperature of the cpu while you are playing game. Under heavy load you need to have better fan for airflow. I would like to ask you that what thermal compound are you using and how did have you applied it? I am asking you these questions to help you better. I request you to kindly reply to me so that I can help you more effectively.

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Civ 5 games crashing after playing for 20 minutes and requires hard reset

I would suggest you that if you are using the retail stock HS/fan or any other cooler that came with its own thermal pad or compound then try to remove the original and try to apply a VERY thin coat of Arctic Silver 5. I hope that you have a good air flow around your hard drive. You can check it by touching it.

I think the issue is related with the hard drive. I think you should check the hard drive that you are using. Try to remove the hard drive and use it in some other pc. Or else you can just use some other spare hard drive in your system to check what is the issue related with and problem.

I suspect that there is some issue with your semiconductor or capacitor on the motherboard.

I think your graphics card that is installed has got corrupted. I would suggest you to check it once. You can check it by installing it in some other compatible system. if it is working fine then it is not the graphic card for sure. I have had the same issue once with me and I found that the problem was of the graphic card. I got the graphic card replaced and my problem got resolved. So I would suggest you to do this. I hope that you know that for gaming you need to have a good graphics card. Graphics card is very very important for playing games. You can also try swapping the video cards that you have installed. Check the integrated video card. Also try to install the drivers for your graphic card with the latest drivers and updates. I hope these few solutions help you to resolve the issue of yours. If it doesn’t resolve the issue then I would suggest you to reply me back so that I can help you out with some other effective solution.

I think the issue is of the OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro power supply. I have heard many a times about the problems faced by the people who are using OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro psu. This psu is actually a Sirfa build. Actually this psu has always been in news and it is not that very good. I think you should change the psu. Try to find a new compatible one.

I think you should once contact the customer center and ask for assistance. Those people are experts and they will guide you very properly regarding this.

I would suggest you to try your Antec PSU before replacing any other components. I think it is more than enough power for your build.

I would suggest you try out some other operating system. I think your operating system is not compatible with oyur game. Try to install windows xp or vista os and see. For each game that you play, I would suggest you to make sure that the game is compatible with the operating system. You check this on the google website. Just google around on the internet and find it by yourself. You can also format your hard drive once to get the issue resolved.

Well I think the very simple thing that you can perform doing is format the hard disk and install some other operating system. i suppose that this will surely resolve the issue and you will be able to play games with absolutely no issues.