Thread: Field of View fix for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Field of View fix for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Can someone tell me about FOV in the game? I want to increase the FoV of the game in the demo. Can anyone please tell me how can I change the FoV ub the game. If it’s not available in the game demo, will it be available in the retail mode. Now I don’t sit 8 feet away from the PC, so unless increase the FoV I cannot sit for more than even 10 minutes. I don’t see the option in the graphics setting, so I think it will not be available in the demo game.

Re: Field of View fix for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

The field of view in the game is the display of the screen you can see or how much of the game world is seen on the computer screen. You can set the FOV as 90 then you set 90 your vision so can see a larger screen of the game world than the low FOV ones. Due t o this you can have better in-gaming experience. But do you have a large screen monitor, as it only looks good on wide screen and not on normal screen. As many have widescreen monitors now, the devs should include this option in the graphics setting itself. But sadly it is not available in the game. Recently, only Deus Ex had the option for FOV in the setting. I think there is no option to adjust FOV in the console ports at all, but in PC there might be some commands that I don’t know about.

Yes, you are right, there is no FOV setting in the console and that’s the thing I always complain to the console makers; however Space Marine demo’s default FOV is absolutely fine for me. I don’t feel peripheral awareness is needed the game, as most action is at the center of screen and nothing at the borders that can surprise you or improve your game.
    You can try changing the aspect ratio, mine is 16:9 and it gives a better view of the screen.

I think too that 16:9 aspect ratio and the current FOV is well enough to play. If you have problems having to play the game try changing the different aspect ratio. Also, try different resolution at the same aspect ratio and see which you are comfortable to play with.

I don’t understand the importance of FOV and how it can be of such importance in playing a game, there is always a thread about FOV nowadays. If it’s first-person shooter, I understand our views are limited so a bigger FOV will enhance the view. But Warhammer is a third person action game, why will you need FOV. It will simply feel that the game screen will be further zoomed out, and that won’t be good in order to play the game. So I feel having larger FOV for the third-person shooter is not at all useful.

I used 90 in the FOV for COD and was really helpful so I used it with every FPS. That’s why I use it with every FPS game I use. So, would love to see the effect of FOV in the third person shooter too, though don’t think it will be very advantageous.