Thread: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine lacking Windowed Mode

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine lacking Windowed Mode

I just love the demo of the game, I feel it’s a more tactical game and not just thrash and kill type. The orcs are not dumb and play with some brains, so I am happy about it. But the problem is there was no Windowed mode in the game. I think windowed mode is necessary for a game I play, but there is no setting in the game. Even alt+Enter doesn’t work. Even tried the code on Steam it will not work. Anyone knows any alternative Windowed mode option, or al least tell me if it is available on the release of the game. Since the game has released can someone tell me if it is there in the game?

Re: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine lacking Windowed Mode

I don’t understand why you would want to play the game in windowed mode. Why would you want to kill the experience of the thrill if the game. The game developers have worked so hard on the game their stories so that you get involved in the gaming world of theirs and you want to get distracted by chatting with your friends and stuff. I don’t want such stuff in my games as I think they are not that important. Anyway I hope since you want it, it is available in the release of the game.

You can try Dxwnd third-party software; it is a simple software that forces anything to windowed mode. It works only if the game uses Direct X. And I think it’s very important for a game to have Windowed mode, as I like to take screenshots of the game and share it to my Spyke friends. And playing games isn’t my first priority, and I play it just to stress out while working. So would like it out of the way sometime when I have some other work so that I can resume it when I want. Also, ou can Alt+Tab in the game which is a advantage.

I have tried Dxwnd and played the game but it still dosen’t go into windowed mode. Maybe the developers have deliberately not allowed windowing the game as I have tried everything. This is just not done as having windowsed mode is the major part of any application and should be done for the every time.

I have followed the following steps
    Step 1. Set the config to your preferences and save it as you won’t be able to change it.
    Step 2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Warhammer 2K\Graphics in RegEdit
    Step 3. Turn the value of Fullscreen to ‘0’.
    Step 4. Open Permissions for Graphics option and click advanced.
    Step 5. Since the game changes the value again to fullscreen, you will have to deny permission for the current user.
    Step 6. If you deny the permission for the game to change the value it will not change to full screen again.
    Step 7. Then run the game to play it.