Thread: COD5 CD Copy asking for serial key

COD5 CD Copy asking for serial key

My friend purchased Call of Duty 5: Word at War game. He installed the game in pc. I made a copy of that CD and run the setup on my pc. But it is asking for the serial key. I do not have that. I need help to run this game and please tell me from where I can get a serial key.Thanks.

Re: COD5 CD Copy asking for serial key

Do not talk a noob. You made a illegal copy of the game and now you are asking for a serial key. This is insane. Throw that disc and go on the below link to purchase the official copy of the game. You can come under legal penalties as it is illegal to use pirated video games.

Call of Duty Office Site

That is right. You are doing a big mistake. First of all Call of Duty video game is an commercial product. It being developed and manufactured by the third party resources. You cannot just burn disc and run. Other than this the disc in protected with certain restriction so that no one can pirate it. The serial key is only given to those users who pay for the CD key. If you want free games go for open source. You can go and search for open source games, they are free and there are some similar games like this also. Activations is the game publisher. You can go on its website and buy it. Just do not go for such illegal process. The laws related to DRM protection are quiet strict know and companies are investing more on this to make it more better and better.

You might be unaware about an concept called DRM. That is called as digital right media protection. This is implemented to protect the soft copy of commercial product from unauthorized distribution. You can be punished for the same. Many disc and systems are DRM protected today which do not allow copying of the disc. There are certain group which claim to bypass this, but due to more and more development the technology provide more sophisticated solution. It will better for you to buy the original game disc. There are many benefits of that disc. First there no bugs and virus in that. Second you get access to the game servers where you can play with many other people around the world. You also become eligible to gain updates for this game from the official website. Some updates are only ensure for the official copy. Many content and other stuff are modified on pirated copies which is never a issue with original games.

It is right do not do such thing again. Go and buy a new copy. Nobody is going to give a serial key for that game.

You are really a noob. Do you know that the serial key is unique for every user and it is only given to those who buys the game. Even if you find a key with some help, how can you run the game. You can just run the setup. You will need to register the game online. That is the place where you will be caught.

The main damage of piracy is beard by the video game industry , especially the area of the portal and PC games. And the thing you did is called piracy. Just made a copy and now looking for a serial key on internet. You might not aware but anti piracy rules are strict. Nintendo rely on police intervention while Sony decided to create complicated hardware that cannot be hacked.