Thread: Changing the FOV setting in the PC version of Dead Island

Changing the FOV setting in the PC version of Dead Island

Guys if you all had a look at the Techland’s last game then you will realize what I am saying here. well frankly speaking the field view was horrible to be frank, I am hoping that there will be some way or the another by which we can change the e FOV setting in the PC version of Dead Island. So anyone who has come across this game do you all have any idea about this and in case if you have any then do make sure that you post in your comments over here, so that I can get a better knowledge of the game, so that’s what my question is. I hope I will get a good answer from you all on this.

Re: Changing the FOV setting in the PC version of Dead Island

No as such there is no problems at all, that’s what i feel about the game. so that’s what I want to say here. Now what I am saying is that from where have you got the news that the game will be having a bad fov settings have you read anywhere in the preview of the game or the review of te game is out? From where have you got this kind of information? I am very much interested in knowing about that, so as of now I can say that you just stop spreading silly rumors about this game and from next time make a proper research about this game and then do ask question about it. so I hope my suggestions are clear for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KSHaUNiSHa View Post
    Guys if you all had a look at the Techland’s last game then you will realize what I am saying here. well frankly speaking the field view was horrible to be frank, I am hoping that there will be some way or the another by which we can change the e FOV setting in the PC version of Dead Island. So anyone who has come across this game do you all have any idea about this and in case if you have any then do make sure that you post in your comments over here, so that I can get a better knowledge of the game, so that’s what my question is. I hope I will get a good answer from you all on this.
    Yes in fact I have been hearing a lot of comparisons about this game and hence that’s the reason why I have come here to say something. Now what I am saying is that some people are openly comparing this game with the L4D and saying that it is a L4D clone which I don’t think so it is possible, how can that be a possibility when the dead island was announced much before then L4D released. That’s what I am saying here. so stop comparing this game with any kind of games. That’s my advice for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
    No as such there is no problems at all, that’s what i feel about the game. so that’s what I want to say here. Now what I am saying is that from where have you got the news that the game will be having a bad fov settings have you read anywhere in the preview of the game or the review of te game is out? From where have you got this kind of information? I am very much interested in knowing about that, so as of now I can say that you just stop spreading silly rumors about this game and from next time make a proper research about this game and then do ask question about it. so I hope my suggestions are clear for you.
    Look guys I am not talking about the game but I am specifically targeting the developers i.e the techland. So you first read what I am saying in the question and then only answer it ok. Techland has the history of making bad PC port and the best example of that is the Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. So those guys who don’t believe me then they can have a look at the game that I have mentioned here and they will understand what I am saying here. well I am not saying that dead island will also come up with the bad pc port but I am hoping that the developers will not make the same mistake as they had made for the previous game i.e. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood.

Dude not many of them play in the Pc these days. Anyways there is no reason for me to worry on the same, I am having the PS3 and hence I don’t think so there is a concern for me. I will be playing this game in my PS3 and I am quite sure that it will run very well In this game and I am quite confident about it. so lets hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by addie View Post
    Dude not many of them play in the Pc these days. Anyways there is no reason for me to worry on the same, I am having the PS3 and hence I don’t think so there is a concern for me. I will be playing this game in my PS3 and I am quite sure that it will run very well In this game and I am quite confident about it. so lets hope for the best.
    Ok is that so and I was thinking that the Pc version is always better than what we play in the consoles i.e. the xbox and the PS3. Anyways if playing in the Pc version is so difficult then have the developers got a fix for the issue? What say guys? Has anyone from you all got a fix for this issue then do reply over here on the same.

I don’t understand why people don’t take these issues seriously if the issues get this issues fixed as soon as possible then it will be better for the game as the issues like FOV, aspect ratios and mouse acceleration is spreading fast about this game why don’t the developers get a fix for it because if they develop a fox for it then the word will be spread fast and hence that will make a good impression about the game that the developers are listening to this issue and also have got a fix for the problem, that’s what I am saying here. so instead of running away from the issue , the developers should develop a fix for the problem as soon as possible, that is what I am saying here. I hope it does gets implemented by the developers as soon as possible.

See the whole thing is that unless and until the game is totally out we can get the idea about the game. so be it the fov settings or the mouse acceleration nothing can be traced till the game will be finally out, so that’s the point that I want to make here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    See the whole thing is that unless and until the game is totally out we can get the idea about the game. so be it the fov settings or the mouse acceleration nothing can be traced till the game will be finally out, so that’s the point that I want to make here.
    Dude there is a demo version out and hence playing that we can get a fair amount of idea if the game is worth or not. So that’s the point that I am trying to make here. so you might have understood what I want to say here. so some people have got the issues in the game at the demo version. So that’s the reason why they have complained here. now one good news that I would like to share it with you all is that the PC version would NOT be a port. So that’s the information that I have got for you all, do have a good look at the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanInt View Post
    Dude there is a demo version out and hence playing that we can get a fair amount of idea if the game is worth or not. So that’s the point that I am trying to make here. so you might have understood what I want to say here. so some people have got the issues in the game at the demo version. So that’s the reason why they have complained here. now one good news that I would like to share it with you all is that the PC version would NOT be a port. So that’s the information that I have got for you all, do have a good look at the same.
    Wow that’s a good news that you have out up here. well my point of view over here is that whatever the case here is I think there are many things to concentrate here well one of them is the zombies give off sufficient noise for you to know that they are just behind and also the atmospheric changes in the game are worth noticing and hence that’s the necessary changes that I was talking about over here in the game, so that’s it from my side for you all.