Thread: Dead Island, How big the Banoi Island is going to be?

Dead Island, How big the Banoi Island is going to be?

Till now I got to know that Dead Island established on an open world tropical island. And therefore, I was thinking that what will be the total area Banoi Island be covering? Will it be smaller like GTA 4 or will it be something very large like Just Cause 2? I was also thinking will it have different loading zones or it will have just a common and large area.

Re: Dead Island, How big the Banoi Island is going to be?

It will definitely be smaller than ‘Just Cause 2’. Because, Just Cause 2 was nearly 500 sq mile and I think that is really a great size to be covered. The size was OK for Just Cause 2 because it was having aircraft also, which you can use to travel long distance. But, In Dead Island, you will be on your feet most of the time and it will take really a very long time to travel from one part to another part.

I think it will be small or nearly medium sized Island but it will not be too big. If it will have an airfield then it can be of medium size else it has to be small. By the way the screen shots which I got to see looked pretty awesome, no matter they were small or medium sized.

I wish it would not be smaller than the Fallout New Vegas map at least. Their maps were really very small. I want Dead Island to be very large, because I want to spend a lot of time in Dead Island World. Till now I liked only Resident Evil 5 amongst all the zombie games that I had played.

I think the Island will be neither too big nor too small. I presume they will add different ‘locales’ to the map and there will be possibility of travelling between the locales automatically. But I will also like if the Island will be a fully open world. And if it will have vehicle in it then the travelling will also become simpler.