Thread: After a few minutes of game play crisis game starts pausing after every few seconds

After a few minutes of game play crisis game starts pausing after every few seconds

I am getting some issues when I play crysis. I have made a gaming pc with really good specs, but when I play crysis game, till minutes it runs smoothly, but after that it starts pausing after every few seconds and then it crashes ultimately. I checked the temperature of my GPU, CPU and RAM and they are not running hot, so is my hdd is the reason for this problem I have 1TB green hdd. I can’t understand why this happening, I sure that my specs are not the reason for this issue as they are enough for this game, then do I have any other internal problem? I also tried to default the clock speed but that didn’t made any difference.

Re: After a few minutes of game play crisis game starts pausing after every few seconds

You are having these issues only with this game or with other games also. If it is with every game then the problem can be internal. But, if it is the only game having this issue, then the problem can be within the game only and in that case, check for any latest patch for that game. Because, it is possible, that the developers of the game may have noticed this issue, and have fixed it in any next patch. So I will suggest you to search for the latest patch for this game.

Re: After a few minutes of game play crisis game starts pausing after every few seconds

All of my source engine games run fine and So far, I played only one non source engine game and that is borderlands and it also don’t have any issue. And also, as I have bought it through steam, so I think the updates will have been installed in it previously but when looked into detail of the game’s update then I found that the issues listed there were similar to mine.

I think, this all can also be because of some background tasks consuming more CPU resources. So, I will suggest you to try getting ‘game booster’. Another thing is that, your antivirus program may be scanning each file in your pc. So change it to gaming mode. Also as you have mentioned you are using a green hdd, I will have to say that they are not too good for gaming. And also the Green hdds have slow seek time.

I wonder, if the hdd is the reason for affecting the game performance. I want to add here that it runs highest almost everything, including antiailiasing, in dx9 mode, but it glitches in dx10, doesn’t matter what the quality setting is set to.

It can somewhere be possible that your drive is affecting the performance of game because it is a green 5200rpm. And it is really slow in real gaming terms. You can test it, if you have any other drive. Try to install that game on any other drive and then you can clearly notice the difference.

I was having the similar issues with this game. It was keep freezing when I play it for several minutes. But I fixed this issue by doing a clean boot. You should also try doing this. You can do this with msconfig from start menu, and then in under services tab, there will be windows services only checkbox to select. If that works, then select only one service at a time in order to find the hog. I worked for me. Hope it fixes your issue also.

I did a clean boot, same way as you said, but it didn’t worked for me. I am still getting glitches in this game. I think I will have to re-install this game again. I will try doing this. I hope it will work for me.