Thread: Unable to run crysis 2 in windows 7

Unable to run crysis 2 in windows 7

Hi, I was previously running windows XP in my machine and at that time I use to play crysis2 on that, and no doubt it was also running perfectly without any hesitation but don’t know what happened but after install windows 7 I am not able to run it however, in fact I have done all the possible things known to me. But nothing appears to be worked. Any idea why the game is having issue with the newer operating system.

Re: Unable to run crysis 2 in windows 7

ok as you have mentioned that you have installed windows 7 just now in your machine thus I am assuming that you might not have that good gaming machine in which you can install that game but still I would say you should ensure whether you have those required hardware for playing this game in your PC?

I would like to tell you about the basic hardware and software requirement in the PC:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz
    RAM: 2Gb
    HDD: 9Gb
    Video card: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM
    Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    (remember this requirement is the base of its minimum)

Have you install the game again in your machine or you are just trying to play the game directly through that previous setup?

Because see if you are trying to load that previously loaded files then let me tell you that you must have to install the game again in your machine, without that you’ll not be able to play it however and whatever you do.

can you be little bit more specific? I mean to say are you getting any particular error regarding anything? Because see doesn’t launch means there could be so many reasons and really it’s quite difficult to figure out as well. thus I would like to suggest you to mentioned the error if there is any, and if not then I am also sure as reinstallation would surely fix of the error if there is any. In fact it would better for us as well to assist you better.

I don’t know whether you are aware about wow64 emulator or not but if you didn’t then you should try to make use of it for sure. Through this software you’ll be able to use all the 32bit software on your 64bit windows.

which version’s operating system you have installed in your machine? Because see as there are two version called 32 bit and 64 bit. And all the software rather games are divided according to them, and we cannot run 64bit software in 32bit windows and vice versa. Thus it might be possible that the game you have might be in the 32bit.

Thus you can have two options over here; I mean to say you either simply can simply get another setup of the same game or simply you can try to run the game in 32 bit compatibility mode. In fact according to my recommendation you should try both of them.

if you have installed any antivirus software in your machine then let me tell you as you must have to see for that as well, I mean to say sometimes they also prevents the game to load, thus just ensure that there is no prevention by that software for the game and if there is any then you should unblock it first of all and then do it.

see some times windows drivers also causes such a problem with the machine and won’t allow some game to be load and this is almost happens with the preloaded drivers only, thus it is strongly recommended that we should reinstall those drivers in the machine such as audio driver, videos drivers, etc.

Generally we never consider this things while using the machine, I mean to say we never consider it to be updated as per the date, but we should always update driver which is necessary for playing the highly mentioned game. but see whenever you install any driver make sure that that’s the most recent one because older one is off course worthless.

And direct x, this is the most vital software that you must have to have installed for playing the game , thus you can simply have version 9 or higher than that.