Thread: Fallout 3 GOTY is freezing on Windows 7 x64

Fallout 3 GOTY is freezing on Windows 7 x64

Hello guys! I have come to this particular forum again with a query and I am hoping as it will be solved as it was done in the future. I have installed Fallout 3 GOTY on the computer of mine. I am running with Windows 7 x64. This particular game is seems to be freezing. I don’t know whether why the above mentioned issue is happening into the situation of mine. any help to fix the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Fallout 3 GOTY is freezing on Windows 7 x64

You told me that you have installed Windows 7x64 on the computer and what about the hard ware configuration of the computer? Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer of mine? Let me know if you are having any other information which I can use to get the requirement of yours.

Looking at the matter I am suggesting that you should simply get the d3d9.dll from the fallout3nexusand you have to place the same into /program files/steam/steamapps/common/fallout 3 GOTY folder.

I think you might need to run the game through the game as Administrator. For doing the same you have to right click on the exe file of the game and then you have to click on the Run as Administrator. Once you have done the same and see whether the game is working or not. also you should again right click on the exe file of the game and go for Properties. From the Properties menu you have to click on the Compatibility tab and then go for the Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose the appropriate option from the drop down box and see whether it is working or not.

To resolve the issue which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should go for C://program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/fallout 3 goty location and you have to open the fallout.ini file and backup the same. after that you should go for the General section into Fallout.ini file.
    Now do the following modification into [Display] section.
    Code:
    bUseThreadedAI=1 
    iNumHWThreads=2
    you should copy and paste the above mentioned thing to avoid the stuff.

Well looking at the matter I am suggesting that you should simply reinstall the graphic card drivers on the computer of yours. if reinstalling the drivers is not working than I am suggesting that you should install the latest version of the graphic card drivers from the official website.

I am not sure but there could be an issue with the DirectX which you have installed on the computer and I recommend that you need to update the same. for that particular purpose you have to visit the official website and download and install the latest version of the DirectX on the computer of yours. once you have done the same you should restart the computer of yours and try to play the game and see whether it is working or not.

Well looking at the post of yours you need to reinstall the game on the computer of yours so that you can fix the matter of yours.

I am suspecting that there could be bug issue with the game. then I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work on the same and release a patch which you can use to fix the issue.