Thread: Replacing Free Aim with Crosshair in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Replacing Free Aim with Crosshair in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

I don’t want free-aim when I am shooting in Red Orchestra 2. Is there any way I can replace the option so that I can have the old crosshair aiming option back?? I have played COD till now and really ingrained with that option but now feeling discomfited when I try to use the new option and can’t play the game properly. I would be glad if there was an option of deleting it.

Re: Replacing Free Aim with Crosshair in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

No, you can’t disable it. If you have problem with that stop playing and look elsewhere as Red Orchestra 2 is simply not for you! Just cancel the preorder and continue playing COD. I think it’s absolutely necessary for the free aim to be forced upon, because with the aim option it is just another point and shoot game and I don’t want RO to become another one like COD. I just hate this console games like COD, they suck. Free Aim is the main feature of an RO game, and it is absolutely necessary if you want to play it.

Don’t be so harsh on him. He just asked a simple question of whether it is possible to disable it. He is obviously new here and is used to the other games. And anyways different people have different style of playing. So, what he might find free aim to be tough and likes the traditional cross-hair aiming version, let him have his wish. And this is a Beta version, everyone has a say in telling any suggestions to the game as possible.

He is just a stupid COD playing console loving idiot, who doesn’t understand the real thrills of free aim. Just go back to your PS3 and Madden you don’t deserve to play this game. And fyi Without a crosshair, the free-aim makes it easier to judge where your weapon is actually pointing to and hip shots become easier than with a static first person weapon model. Sure, it’s not as easy as crosshair dead centre, but it is unique to the game, and there is no way they are gonna change that. It actually allows players to ADS as the bullet when you fire you know won’t go dead center to the screen. It is not accurate and is more inline with the real feel of shooting a bullet from hip.
    It actually requires aiming skills to perfect it and really gives a unique feel to it. So, those who are new to it, just practice it, you gonna learn some new skills too and enjoy the game even more.

Actually, when I saw free-aim there in 2. I absolutely, positively have to say this: free-aim in IS rocks. I find it much easier to track and hit targets and recoil is not as disorienting as it is with your aim centered in IS - when the gun goes up due to recoil, all I do is pull it naturally down, with my reference view unchanged.
    To the unbelievers, try thinking about it that way: instead of moving around your entire desktop to bring an icon to the centre of the screen to select it, you now have a fixed view of the desktop and you're moving the mouse cursor around. Which one feels more natural? Exactly.