Thread: Getting Black Textures on Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Getting Black Textures on Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

I was able to play the game without any problem last night but suddenly I got the error message which says "rogame.exe has stopped working". Now today when I tried to unplug my headset then I found that there was no crash or error message on this anymore. But other than this, I found something new in that that there were some random textures that were turning black. At least they didn't do that while I kept crashing last night. Anyways, the game is tremendous and I actually hope all of these glitches as well as errors and all of this crap gets resolved soon.

Re: Getting Black Textures on Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

There might be some problem with the Video card driver that you are using. So what you can do is just update that to the latest version and this will solve the problem for you.

You can try to do the settings below and see if that working for you or not. I tried this and this worked like champ and I want to see if this works same for you also or not.
    First of all from the ROengine.ini, go to the Engine.ISVHacks and from there just switch the below to True from false.
    • bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
    • PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

To get the ROengine.ini, you will have to go t My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config

I agree that the above solution will help you but this is not going to help you for the server browser. This will just function if you have already joining a server.

There might be some problem with the installation of the game and for that reason you are getting this problem. I am not very sure that this will solve the problem but you can try this once if none of the solution is working for you.

The main problem that is coming to my mind is that the background video got troubles with the alpha maps of the serverbrowserlist and that is the reason that your computer is having problem with playing back that video.This looks like that there might be some delay to get that list and that is the reason that video loads for a bit and the menu and this is permitting you to go to say the friends tab. I would like to tell you that this is not only you who are facing this problem. There are many of the other users with the same problem and many of them have not resolved that yet.

Honestly speaking that this looks like there are some problem with the master server issue as there is no similar problem with the Favorites otherwise the Steam for friends are leading to harm. It is going to be even worse if you press the F10 for cancelling the connection.

I resolved this problem by simply turning off the bloom. You have not tried this yet then you can give it a try and see if this worked for you.