Thread: What type of map effects are planned for achron game?

What type of map effects are planned for achron game?

I am posting here to know that what types of the map effects are planned for achron. I believe map effects would not just add to the practicality but also further help differentiate the dissimilarity in time. For example, if a storm occurs and you got attacked in the middle of it then you could go back to the storm and then make an army and after that while the rain hits you would know the fights coming. So it would be an additional visual aid for players to assist traverses the timeline properly. Is there someone who can think of some other map effects?

Re: What type of map effects are planned for achron game?

In my personal opinion, I like the extreme degradation because you approach the end of the timeline. It makes it feel like you are straining and straining to arrive at further back. It doesn't actually feel like I am travelling through time. Time must be grey otherwise blue otherwise something else

This is an unbelievable concept because if we have things similar to weather, it would make time periods really clear to all players.

Ambient random happenings could actually boost the player’s awareness for the time position. Where there are trees it would be cool to have them "sway in the wind" and have "gusts" domino over them. A forest could then easily accommodate a lot of recognizable background events. If it is subtle enough it might trigger a sense. For very dramatic games an occasional lightning strike could also do. I wouldn't really want it to do any damage but I think because it could be dodged easy even when it hit it wouldn't be that bad if it would. Do we have clouds casting shadows onto terrain up till now?

I think that the non-alien ones similar to "fog that reduces visibility" would be fun as well. Map designer could also pre-script or design a random distribution of the weather on their map.