Thread: Comparing Pirates of Black Cove with Sid Meyers Pirates

Comparing Pirates of Black Cove with Sid Meyers Pirates

Guys I want a detailed comparison between the two games. Well both of them are my favorites and also both have the pirates as their theme. Now what I want you all to do is that you all start comparing the games as if which one you think is the better of them all. I want a perfect answer from you all on the same, so do send in your replies. I am waiting for the necessary help. Please do compare them guys and let me know what exact differences are there in both of them.

Re: Comparing Pirates of Black Cove with Sid Meyers Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Jolyn Chris View Post
    Guys I want a detailed comparison between the two games. Well both of them are my favorites and also both have the pirates as their theme. Now what I want you all to do is that you all start comparing the games as if which one you think is the better of them all. I want a perfect answer from you all on the same, so do send in your replies. I am waiting for the necessary help. Please do compare them guys and let me know what exact differences are there in both of them.
    Well let me give you the accountability of the features which the Sid Meyers Pirates have and which Pirates of Black Cove does not have.
    1) There are boarding ships and sword fights.
    2) Ammunition is quite there in the game.
    3) You can romance woman, even winds are a tactical thing in the game.
    4) Searching for the buried treasure and the land battles are shown in a good manner.
    5) Have you heard of reefs if not then you can actually check it out in this game.
    So these are the features that are there in the Sid Meyers Pirates and not in Pirates of Black Cove. So hope you did get necessary information on same.

Ok then tell me what are the features that are there in Pirates of Black Cove. Well I am interested in knowing about them having given the features that are not there I would like to know which of the features are actually there in the Pirates of Black Cove and not the Sid Meyers Pirates. I think that would be a pretty interesting thing to watch out for that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolyn Chris View Post
    Ok then tell me what are the features that are there in Pirates of Black Cove. Well I am interested in knowing about them having given the features that are not there I would like to know which of the features are actually there in the Pirates of Black Cove and not the Sid Meyers Pirates. I think that would be a pretty interesting thing to watch out for that’s for sure.
    Yes I would also like to help you on that as well. So what I want to say is that the features are not much that you would like to hear to so what I want is that do not expect much features to get revealed out here. so here are some of the features that are there in the Pirates of Black Cove.
    1) The sea style is quite good.
    2) Special weapons like human catapult are just over the top and does not provide any good support to it.
    3) Even the jokes cracked In the middle of the session do no good at all.
    4) RTS style land battles. That is the only saving part of the game.
    5) Last but not the least the game crashes frequently.
    I know you will not be happy reading all the features of the game, I know it is not good but this is what I wanted to say here and had to say to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Squibbit View Post
    Yes I would also like to help you on that as well. So what I want to say is that the features are not much that you would like to hear to so what I want is that do not expect much features to get revealed out here. so here are some of the features that are there in the Pirates of Black Cove.
    1) The sea style is quite good.
    2) Special weapons like human catapult are just over the top and does not provide any good support to it.
    3) Even the jokes cracked In the middle of the session do no good at all.
    4) RTS style land battles. That is the only saving part of the game.
    5) Last but not the least the game crashes frequently.
    I know you will not be happy reading all the features of the game, I know it is not good but this is what I wanted to say here and had to say to you all.
    How can you blame the ‘human catapult’ here . I really don’t find it so much boring in fact that’s my favorite weapon here. yes I must agree that Sid Meyers Pirates is a better of them two but I don’t think so by saying that you can put the entire blame on the Pirates of Black Cove. Although the weapons are not as elaborative as the one of that pirates but definitely I think that the game is a genuine one, that’s what I feel. so what are your takes on this issue, I am sure many of them should support me over here.

Well first of all comparing both the game is a wrong thing, the comparison that you have made between the two games is not done at all. since both the games belong to the different generation and hence it will be unfair from my side to comment anything over here. if we talk about the Sid Meyers Pirates then it is sim oriented and while if we talk about the Pirates of Black Cove then let me inform you that it is arcade oriented, so do have a good look at the same and hence from next time do not compare the games which are of totally different generations. So better take care of that and I am sure that this kind of mistakes will not be repeated. So that’s it from my side for you all. in case if you have any other query then do feel free to ask here.