Thread: Dual monitors support Idea for Achron

Dual monitors support Idea for Achron

Anyone have any idea about Dual monitors for this game? At this movement, there are three ways to move around the map.
    • Move your mouse to the edge of the map.
    • Use the arrow keys.
    • Click on the minimap.

The problem is that the easiest to use does not work on Dual Monitors. I cannot move my mouse to the edge of the map. If I move to the right then my mouse will often just slip off the side of the window and into my next monitor. Problems like this often annoy me and rarely does contacting the game developers ever seem. Achron has a chance to be different.

Re: Dual monitors support Idea for Achron

While this is something I usually hate about games it would be a fine "dirty" fix to the problem. I know it is possible to "lock" the mouse into the game window. Dual Monitor Support. This would be the best idea for a fix. Some kind of support that uses the other monitor. I believe supreme commander did this but I am not 100 percent sure. You could have a larger version of the minimap displayed on the secondary monitor or even Cut the secondary monitor into two parts like so.

Have you tried one of the recent versions of Achron? Developer has added support to lock the mouse onto one monitor.

There are two sections: section A and B. Section A can contain a copy of the game as the farthest point in the past that you've observed and section be the farthest point in the future you have observed. It could show the present if you are in the past. It could also only show things that are blipping on the timeline. For obvious balance reasons it should not count as an "observer" for propagation purposes. This would be required to understand how different monitors can have different resolutions. I remember not being able to use the Dual Monitors in a game because one of my monitors is WS and the other isn't.

I've just come back to Achron, and am getting this same 'issue' with the mouse not locking to the window. I'm playing 0.8.4.2, so it’s the latest, but I'm also playing it in a window, which might be the problem? Is there any chance of getting mouse locking just into the game window?

This is probably an option, so you might want to look in your configuration file. I can't check it right now since I'm not at home, but it seems like it should be there.

Actually, Re-sequence does lock the mouse to the window in Windows Vista and 7. However, it doesn't work on Windows XP due to a Microsoft bug that we can't really work around. One nice thing about Achron is that full screen doesn't hog the screen, so when you are in full screen mode you can painlessly alt-tab out of the game and back in.