Thread: Pirates of Black Cove game freezes

Pirates of Black Cove game freezes

I saw some reviews of the game “Pirates of Black Cove” and then I liked it and then recently I bought this game from Steam. But, now I am noticing that this is freezing again and again. When I played it first time, within an hour it crashed for first time. I used ctrl+alt+del to exit that game. But, from that incident, every time when I play that game and click the continue game it freezes. I want to know that this problem is only with me or anyone else is also having the same problem. Also I want to know the problem is with the game or with any other thing.

Re: Pirates of Black Cove game freezes

I am also playing this game and I never got any such issue. So can I know, what are your computer specs, so that, I can understand the reason behind your issue.

Here is my computer specification. I have Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz processor and ATI Radeon HD 5800 series graphic card with 4GB RAM. And I am using Windows7 64bit Operating System. I don’t think my specs can be the reason for this problem. You are lucky if you are not having this issue with this game. Do you have any solution for this issue?

I think this problem is with your savegame. So, once try to load different savegame if you have more than one save.

I tried to start it more than two times but every time it crashes. I tried 3 times playing it from the fresh start and every time I am getting tired of watching intro in the beginning. Every time it is freezing. I also tried to load it from two different savegame. I was also getting a message as, “ A problem caused this program to stop interacting with windows.

I was also having very poor performance with this game and it used to crash after every two minutes. But after doing some settings I speeded up my game. So, I would suggest you also to try this. First, if you have Scalable Link Interface, then go to control panel of Nvidia to create a profile for your game ‘BlackCove.exe’. It will make your game to use both Graphical processing units. After this right click on your game file ‘BlackCive.exe’ and select its property and set its compatibility mode to “Windows Vista Service Pack 2” on Compatibility tab. Now start the game ‘Pirates of Black Cove’. Now in advanced settings, turn off ‘Ambient Occlusion’ as most of the time it becomes the reason for massive slowdowns and also it is poorly optimized.
    I did all the above things and I am not getting any problem with it, like slowing down or freezing etc.

I done all as you said but it didn’t fixed my problem completely although after doing this I successfully played game for one and half hour but after that it crashed again and when I restarted the game again I found that I cannot load any of my three savegames.

I think you should reinstall your game again after uninstalling it. And this time install it in a folder which is not protected by windows, i.e; don’t install it in program files. Once I was also having constant crashes with this game but this fixed that issue and I successfully played for four hours without any crash.

I don’t have any problem in reinstalling Pirates of Black Cove, but I have already install it in E: whereas, my window files are stored in C. So I think I don’t need to reinstall the game.