Thread: Can i improve SSAO Quality in Deus Ex:Human Revolution

Can i improve SSAO Quality in Deus Ex:Human Revolution

hi guys I am using computer in which I have Nvidia graphic card and I have recently installed Deus Ex: Human Revolution game In my computer. This game is very nice all the game controls are very good and less buggy till now I have not faced any problem with this game. I want to know that is there any way to improve quality of the ambient occlusion in this game. because right now whenever I play this game at that time quality is not bad at all but not good also which I have expected. if anyone have any idea regarding this then please let me know.

Re: Can i improve SSAO Quality in Deus Ex:Human Revolution

As you have said that you are having Nvidia graphic card in your computer and you want to improve the quality of the ambient occlusion and after referring your post I will first tell you that check whether ambient occlusion is turned on in the Nvidia control panel. if it is not turned on then turn it on first and after that see what happens.

In nvidia control panel this is very common issue because sometimes whenever you enable the ambient occlusion from the game at that time it does not get turned on from the nvidia control panel and because of that ambient occlusion feature doesn’t get turned on actually from the game and that is why I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by following these steps. first you have to open Nvidia control panel and after that you have to turn on the ambient occlusion. Now after that you have to start Deus Ex: Human Revolution game and then you have to turn on the ambient occlusion option. now after that you have to check the quality. I think after doing that your problem will get solved. if you need any more information regarding this then please let me know.

I am also having the problem with ambient occlusion feature in this game. in my computer whenever I start game and after that when I go the setting at and turn on the ambient occlusion option at that time it my game get crashes. if I play the game without turning on the ambient occlusion option at that time it works fine. Please tell me what is causing this issue.

if you are facing problem after turning on the ambient occlusion problem in your game then first I will suggest you to open any other game which have ambient occlusion feature and after that turn on the ambient occlusion feature in that game and check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you are getting the same problem other games also then I think this problem is related to your graphic drivers or your graphic card is not enough to run this game with ambient occlusion feature. first try to solve this issue by removing the graphic card drivers from your computer and after that installing it in your computer again and after that start the game and then turn on the ambient occlusion option and then check whether game is still crashing or not. if your game still crashes after doing this also then I think your graphic card is not capable to run the game with ambient occlusion features.

I am aware of this issue and I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by installing the updated graphic driver In your system and after installing the updated graphic card driver you have to check whether the game is running properly or not.

I am assuming that running this game at lower resolution and after that when you turn on the ambient occlusion option at that time you will not get any issue. I am telling you this trick because sometime this type of feature cannot work at higher resolution as it requires more graphic performance but with lower resolution it may work properly. Try this solution you may get some help from this.

In my system I was also facing the same issue with ambient occlusion while running any game in the computer and after that I have first uninstalled graphic card drivers from my computer and after that I have also removed my onboard graphic drivers . Now after that I have restarted the computer and then run the drivers cleaner. Now after running the driver cleaner I have first install the onboard drivers first in my system and then I have installed my graphic card drivers and after that when I have start the game and turn on the ambient occlusion option at that time it worked fine. I think you can also try this solution and after that your problem will get resolved.

After referring your replies I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the graphic card drivers in my computer and after that also I was facing the same issue with my computer. Now after that I have also check any other games and at that time also I was getting the same problem and then I have tried your above given steps and after that my problem gets solved. Thank you for helping me and giving me solution.