Thread: Cannot launch Deus Ex:Human Revolution because of ATI DLL error

Cannot launch Deus Ex:Human Revolution because of ATI DLL error

As my title says I am facing problem while launching the Deus Ex:Human Revolution game in my Sony laptop. I get this game from steam and after that i have installed it in my laptop and after that because some hard drive issue have formatted all the things and then I have reinstalled operating system and after that I have installed the game again and after that when I tried launch the game at that time I am getting ATI DLL error. I have ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 graphics on my laptop. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

re: Cannot launch Deus Ex:Human Revolution because of ATI DLL error

I have read your problem and after reading your problem I will first suggest you that the problem which you are facing while launching the game is related to the graphic drivers and that is why you need to first install the graphic driver in your laptop and after that check whether you are facing the same problem or not.

Yes I will suggest you the same because you have mentioned in your post that you have reinstalled operating system in your laptop which means you may not have installed all the necessary drivers and that is why you are facing this problem. First you have to insert the driver CD of your laptop and after that you have to install the graphic drivers because after installing the fresh copy of the windows you have only on board drivers installed which is not enough for running this game. Now after installing the drivers when you will launch the Deus Ex:Human Revolution game at that time you will not face any problem. Try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

If you are facing the same problem after installing the graphic drivers in your laptop also then I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by reinstalling the Deus Ex:Human Revolution game in your laptop and after reinstalling the game your problem will get solved. Because sometime during the game installation if something went wrong at that time also this kind of problem can take place.

Is this problem is coming with Deus Ex:Human Revolution only or you are facing this problem while launching any other game also. As far as I know ATI DLL error is belong to your graphic drivers but if you are facing this problem with any particular game only then I will suggest you there is possibility of having corrupt installation of the game which you are trying to run in your laptop. if you are facing this problem with every game in your laptop then it is the graphic driver which is causing this issue and to solve this issue you have to first try to solve this issue by reinstalling the graphic drivers. if you have already tried this solution then download the updated drivers from the official site of the AMD and after downloading the drivers you have install that in your laptop and after installing the drivers check whether you are getting the same issue or not. I think after trying this solution you will be able to run Ex:Human Revolution game in your laptop.

did you tried latest drivers from the Catalyst Software Suite in your laptop? if you have not tried this in your laptop then I will suggest you to first download the Catalyst Software Suite from here DOWNLOAD. Now after downloading it install it and then try to run the game and after that your game will start working normally.

I have read you solution and firs I have tried to solve this issue by installing the graphic drivers in my laptop and after that when I tried to run Deus Ex:Human Revolution game in my laptop at that time also I get the same problem. now after that I have downloaded updated drivers from the internet and installed that in my system and after installing that drivers also io was getting the same error message. I am sure this is the drivers related issue because when I have tried to run other game in my laptop at that time also I was having the same problem.

Please tell me how to get rid of this issue. Thank you in advance.

After spending some time on the internet I have finally find the fix of this issue. to solve this problem you have to follow this steps.
    • First open my computer and after that go to the C drive.
    • In C drive you have to you have to type atiadlxy.dll in the search box which you will find on the topr right side of the window.
    • Now after that you have to rename that file to atiadlxy.bak and after that you have to type atiadlxx.dll in search box again.
    • Now after that you have to rename that file to atiadlxx.bak.
    • You have to make sure that you have logged in as the administrator.

After doing this trick your problem will get solved.

The above given solution perfect in my system I was also experiencing the same problem and after that you have to try to solve this issue by trying several tricks but after that also I was facing the same problem while running the game. now after that I have tried to so solve this issue by renaming the dll files and then it gets solved.

Re: Cannot launch Deus Ex:Human Revolution because of ATI DLL error

Thank you so much for helping me and trying to fix this issue. I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the Direct X in my laptop and after that also I was having the same issue and after that I have referred your post and then performed the same steps which you have suggested in your post and after trying that solution I have restart the laptop and then when I have start the game at that time it worked fine.