Thread: Dues Ex: Human Revolution, “Unable to reserve 512MB of address space” error

Dues Ex: Human Revolution, “Unable to reserve 512MB of address space” error

I have problem in starting Dues Ex game. When I try to start this game, it doesn’t starts and instead of that I get an error message saying “Unable to reserve 512MB of address space”. I restarted Steam and even my computer but that made no effect, and I am getting error message now also. My computer meets all the requirements of Dues Ex: Human Revolution. But, then also I am getting such error. I don’t have any idea what the problem could be. So I want you people to suggest me any solution for this.

Re: Dues Ex: Human Revolution, “Unable to reserve 512MB of address space” error

I think this error is related to graphic card. I can help you more if you can tell the specs of your computer and graphic card.

My computer’s specification is something like this, Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00GHz with 2GB RAM. Graphic card NVidea GeForce 8800 GTX. And I am using Windows XP. I think this much information is enough to figure out the problem.

Your specs are fine for this game. I also have similar specs as of my computer and Dues Ex: Human Revolution game runs fine on my computer. So, the problem can be because if you are using illegal version of Dues Ex: Human Revolution. So I want to ask which version of game you are using? A preload version or you have a boxed copy installed in your computer.

I am sure mine is not an illegal version. I am damn sure about it, because I pre-ordered it from steam.

Your specs are really fine and you are saying that your Dues Ex is not an illegal version as you pr-ordered it from steam. Therefore, I think the problem is associated with your graphic card’s memory. First check how much video memory is on your graphics card? And then don’t forget to check whether your BIOS is set to assign 512mb or more to your graphics card or not? As this may also be the reason behind this issue. Also check that your account is set to GMT as of your time zone. Generally it is defaulted to your local time zone but it may also be wrong there. So do a check for that also.

I would like to add here that 512MB is not the graphic cards memory which the game is trying to access, instead it’s system ram and your game requires at least 512MB space in your RAM. But, as you have mentioned above that you are using a 2GB RAM, the problem may be because other applications or programs running simultaneously when you try to launch the game. So I would suggest you to check haw many other tools are running currently. You can open task manager to see the number of processes running. If there is any unnecessary programs running then terminate them as they may be consuming more system ram memory. And after that again try to launch Dues Ex: Human Revolution. This time you will launch the game, I think so.

According to the task manager, I don’t have too many programs running on my computer. It is just running few essential programs like Antivirus. And my total available physical memory is approximately 1,175,000K according to the Task manager.