Thread: Deus Ex: Human Revolution not displaying properly on Triple-Widescreen

Deus Ex: Human Revolution not displaying properly on Triple-Widescreen

I have Triple Widescreen monitor and like t oplay all my games in the resolution of 5760x1080 on the 3 screens put together. I was also happy to know that the developers are teaming up with AMD to make multiple-screen support for the game. I have an NVidia card with me not an AMD one though. So I wanted to ask if the support will of the game will be the same for my Nvidia card as I think the game should work for any brand of card. Also, many other games like Assasin’s Creed: Brotherhood also support 3-screen and they work for any brand of cards. So, will this work as well or I need to purchase a new AMD card to play the game??

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution not displaying properly on Triple-Widescreen

I have the game with me and I am having the same issue as you. I have the Nvidia setup and the HUD of the game is not properly placed on the central monitor. I don’t know what’s the problem as like you said, all other games do well on my PC. My neck hurts trying to see the HUD properly and I cannot enjoy the game at all. I hope this is not because of some war between AMD/Nvidia and it is just a bug.

The war thing is just a big “oversight”. I have AMD and it is working properly. To centre the HUD they use some method for detecting triple-wide based screen by asking the AMD driver. They ask if there is an eyefinity group to see how many screens are available instead of detecting the aspect ratio. The problem is that since it has no AMD to tell them in your case, your driver seems to put the game HUD on the outside edges like it generally happens in a normal screen. Maybe there is a fix available or try changing manual setting for it.
    How have you set your desktop resolution? Try setting it the same as bezel corrected triple-wide resolution the game might display properly I think. I think it’s just a bug and hopefully they will release the patch soon enough. Just wait until they officially say something about it before playing the game through.

Hey, it is right that since you have Nvidia the eyefinity has problems setting up correctly for you. The game requires AMD API’s to access your information about primary monitor, bezel settings and it is enabled in the EyeFinity in the setup diolog. Here, the UI and some things are setup once the primary monitors are detected and the game can use upto 5 peripheral monitors. But since these features are only compatible with AMD API’s it will not work for Nvidia API’s. Maybe they will officially release this in the future for NV surround triple screen and also other cards like ATI.

I am having AMD driver but I am also having problems. The Eyefinity dosen’t appear in the setup and the HUD elements appear on the outer monitors. I'm using Eyefinity 6008x1080 bezel compensated along with Catalyst 11.8 & 11.7 CAP3 application profiles. I have tried enabling crossfire but didn’t work. I also saw new release of 11.8 CAP2 and downloaded it thinking it would solve but apperantly it dosen’t chage anything of the setup.

These are the proper steps for the problems with EyeFinity:

1) Uninstall AMD 11.7 CAP3 and install AMD 11.8 CAP2
    2) Then restart your computer when prompted.
    3) I don’t if its relevant but remove the existing setup and go through the complete Eyefinity group setup again,
    4) Start Deus Ex: HR setup, and if you have resolutions above 1920x1080, Eyefinity shows up ine
    5) Now choose bezel compensated resolution and the HUD is fine and the game also runs smoother,
    6) I also think Crossfire’s working now as it’s showing load on both GPU’s on the CF Meter.
    Hope this helps with your problem.

Thank you for clearing that up, but since my Nvidia dosen’t support the game your eyefinity will not work for me.
    I don’t understand why they won’t want the game to look fine on any driver. I just hope they release a fix soon for the Nvidia users as well.