Thread: FarmVille Prices changes for new item through player

FarmVille Prices changes for new item through player

Hello I need to know why market price on the Farmville changes as per the player. Mine one friend has bought the fairy unicorn on Farm Cash on market. I have did the same thing but I didn’t bought the Farm Cash. During this time I have found that the Fairy unicorn cost me 46Farm Cash but for mine friend it was just 31 Farm Cash.

re: FarmVille Prices changes for new item through player

I feel bad for all the new players who are buying some of these old theme items or animals. The minx and bobcat, i bought it for 18fc when it was first released a few years ago. Now that the habitat is out & these animals are being re-released, i saw they were for 30fc (i may be wrong but it’s in the 30's). New players don’t know the old price and i guess I’m glad i bought it when it first came out. No way would I pay 30fc for a small pixel animal.

It's called Price Discrimination or price differentiation and there are 3 degrees of which Zynga would be 1st Degree. Since the sell of Virtual Goods for gaming is so new, it's not even acknowledged yet and the 1st degree is considered primarily theoretical, meaning, this type of market does not exist much in reality. Although it's legal to an extent, it certainly leaves consumers who find out about it, with disdain. Especially when it's a company whom it doesn't cost a dollar more of overhead in creating One product than creating and distributing One Hundred Million of the very same product.

Expansions and roll outs are on the same sort of deal too. A friend of mine will often see things before I do. Sometimes it's the reverse. We take screen shots to show the others players we know of the differences in pricing or a new item. Sometimes the expansions work on that same principal. Now that FV has rolled out the 32x32 expansion, I'm waiting on the one for coins for the 30x30. Betting it will be a few more weeks till we see that.

My Unicorn was 31FC and the Fairy Cat was and still is 21FC. Some of my neighbors bought the cat for 12FC. Not a happy player right now. I buy FC and have no idea why Zynga is selling the same items at different prices. I guess it's legal, but it doesn't make them look good to their customers. If you want your players to pay to play your game the you should be inspiring trust. This is not the way to go about it. With each update from now on, I'll be checking with neighbors and the forum, to see if I'm being charged the same price.