Thread: Invasion and usage of force in Empires & Allies Game

Invasion and usage of force in Empires & Allies Game

Not sure if there are posts about this before but it makes it VERY hard to use a minimum type force they (the lower player) can repel against a lower player when you have only a 2 choice against 5 of theirs I feel so bad using the higher units but come on I cant battle say example 3 tanks and 2 canons with 1 each of those that can battle the same units? Something easy likes 2 of the same class ill only battle with a one unit but those defenses seem to be rare.

re: Invasion and usage of force in Empires & Allies Game

If your neighbor is using that many defenders, it's not a sweet spot (undefended), and the etiquette of using minimal invasion force no long applies. That's just my opinion, though. I wouldn't send in super crazy units, but I'd send in more than 2 if I really wanted to invade.

I am not sure if they changed it, but it is completely random the kind of units the game chooses whether or not they are an attacker/ defender. (Assuming there are no units defending an area, it will randomly choose any unit including the highest tier they can make. Same thing applies to attacker. If the attacker uses two land spots. The game will possibly spawn the two highest tiered units the other player can make. It does not matter what they sent originally). Correct me if I am wrong though.

When players invade my undefended areas (practically all my resource fields) with top notch units. When they only have to use (at the most) 2nd tier units because of my level in the game! Fortunately a lot of my neighbors help me out when I ask for help but it is annoying just the same! I hope this will clear your doubt. And if you are still confused then try to find about it on official site of this game.

I do have a neighbor I’ve been wanting to unfriend. She keeps invading my undefended ore mills III with 2 rocket artilleries and 3 penetrators. None of my 12 level 55 allies even bother to repel her because of the losses. I only have my highest level units. Since I am just in expansion mode now, I am not going to waste resources and coin to produce lower level units. I try an attack with only a group of same level units, and even with that I have had lower level units take out one or two of my top notch unit in battle.

No need to get annoyed about it. Unlike other games with combat, in E&A only neighbors can attack you. So if you don't like the way they play just remove them as neighbors and unfriend them. Their way of playing is perfectly valid. It just doesn't align with yours that is all.

I don't protect my resources and get the occasional invasion. Sometimes a guy that's 10 levels below me (but high enough to have 120+ strength units) invades me with 5 upgraded units and I can rarely expel them without suffering at least one casualty of my own. Today I actually managed to lose two apaches. Due to some bad luck (don’t know why I went for air, though, that was stupid). He also mixes his troops. So now I've invaded him with two upgraded strike battleships, two upgraded heavy carriers and an upgraded hunter gunboat. Next time I'm going to send black widows and supersonic bombers.

I absolutely love it when someone invades me with very high units, IF they are of the same type. I can understand if occasionally there is like 3 of 1 type, and 1 of another type. But, if you invade me with 3 different types of units, all the highest level and upgraded, expect the same invasion in return. If someone invades me with 4 crusher tanks, I am in heaven! I will put up 5 of my lowest artillery pieces and go to town! Or should I say, go to the bank? As a matter of fact, I will often kill all but one of the invading units, then retreat! This lets me attack those units over and over, just piling on the resources! Unfortunately, Zynga nerved the energy drops badly! You used to be able to repel an invasion for just a few energy points if you were using an upgraded piece against its best attack option. Crit city and energy galore!

I attack most anyone on my friends list. But normally I keep 5 of the most powerful forces only, so I’m attacking with one type, making it easier obviously. By the way, you’re welcome to invade me; I have tons of undefended lumber 3. If your neighbor is putting up a hard defense then you are entitled to put in a hard invasion force tbh. I myself have set aside a huge amount of Ore III, Wood III and Oil III with no defense and just for my neighbors to have fun invading and defending their is a minimum force rule in play though.

Re: Invasion and usage of force in Empires & Allies Game

The E&A version of a Zerg Rush are cheap in everything else EXCEPT energy. It takes approximately 6 normal hits from the fully-upgraded Cannon Artillery to get rid of an invading Cobra, and 8 to get rid of a Raven, during which time you'll lose your other units, and eventually the battle and end up trying for a second repel with the best units you have. The tactic is good for single invasions when you have tons of energy, but against multiple invaders it is extremely energy-draining.

Re: Invasion and usage of force in Empires & Allies Game

I'm still learning, but are you telling me it's better to attack with my fully upgraded cadets and make sure they are all the same? No mixing of units? I don't want to make my upper level allies mad, and I think I attack with far too much force. I just want to be able to successfully attack and have them defend my forces easily. I didn't know I could attack and still win with basic units, maybe that's why I bring the big guns.